Moog Analog Delay DELAYED Still - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moog Analog Delay DELAYED Still
Old 29th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood ➑️
Thanks for the advice on the Carbon Copy. You've pretty sold me on it. Time to torture myself with Youtube videos. I also have a Memory Man so it's good to know up front where the CC ranks among the gear in my collection. Sounds like you and I are chasing the same dragon! Only you've gotten there first.

I'm still holding out for this damn pedal….but the store credit I'd have if I cancel is burning a hole in my pocket. With that and a gift card I have from last Xmas the Microbute would be essentially a free addition at this point. We'll see if I can stick it out for the Moog...
MXR CC's are ubiquitous. Try one out at your local shoppe.
BTW I have found the dragon with my RE-201. Just don't let the dragon blow fire on you and burn you!!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 ➑️
MXR CC's are ubiquitous. Try one out at your local shoppe.
BTW I have found the dragon with my RE-201. Just don't let the dragon blow fire on you and burn you!!
Regarding the RE-201, how is the upkeep on those? Are they potential moneypits or is it a liveable/affordable to own piece of gear?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Regarding the RE-201, how is the upkeep on those? Are they potential moneypits or is it a liveable/affordable to own piece of gear?
Funny story behind mine:I got lucky after searching for 15 years for one of these in every country I visited over the years (not for that sole purpose).
Finally a guy on GS PMed me last summer as I had it in the "Looking for' classified and he was only an hour drive. PURE LUCK. I was thinking he'd be a million miles away. I would be very wary of buying one sight unseen unless a guarantee by the seller.
My unit is odd in that it has thumb screws and a flat cover instead of the standard metal buckles on the sides with an inverted U shaped cover (looking at it from the front panel).
Point is my unit was built in the RE-150 case which was the previous model. Moreover the last 3 digits of the serial number were odd. New Roland's began at xxx100 off the assembly line. Mine was xxx073.
I emailed Roland and they told me it was a pre-production model from early 1973 that was apparently built in a 150 case laying around in at the factory and was showcased in a trade show (similar to NAMM) in La Jolla California! Crazy. The unit is MINT and no oxidation on the screws, the VU meter an clip light even works. Plastic film still on the metal serial number plaque. It even had the original unused spare tape in the plastic chrome covered box. Mine cost $600.
Bottom line is if you have the money, get one. But there are risks. There are two places I know of that will fix and/or refurbish the units:
This guy in in Australia and has many parts on Ebay and is an authority on all things Roland RE:

Echo Fix - Roland Space Echo Parts, Service & Repair RT-L1, RE-201, RE-501, RE-150 — Echo Fix

Often Echofix sells 100% refurbished units for around $1000 USD
Here is a place in NJ that will fix even a broken motor, which before 2005 was not possible:

threewavemusic.com - Keyboard speciality store

They often sell them too along with every synth under the sun.
Out of my whole rig, it is my most prized piece and is just heaven in a box. I have had not one issue with it and use it al lot,
Old 29th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I wonder what would be the better buy for synths: New miniature Moog delay vs. Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy Deluxe. I will have to buy in probably October (too much hassle obtaining in Mex., and I will be in the US then, but maybe the Moog will be hard to come by even then). I've owned the 104 Moog (SD I think) before and it was glorious, but I just can't spend that much this time around.
Old 29th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Maybe it was all just a mixup at the factory.

Manager: We're doing a new pedal, but we want a really long delay...
Old 31st March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mefistophelees ➑️
Maybe it was all just a mixup at the factory.

Manager: We're doing a new pedal, but we want a really long delay...
I'm giving you my very serious face.
Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Well....I gave up. Used my purchase as store credit towards a Microbrute. That Waldorf 2-pole Analog Filter could be a suitable replacement for this one.

Can't wait to get home and pair it with my Minibrute and see what unfolds.
Old 29th April 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
just an FYI my pre-order is in from sweetwater and being shipped first thing tomorrow!
Old 29th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml692787 ➑️
just an FYI my pre-order is in from sweetwater and being shipped first thing tomorrow!
Must be nice. My mistake was going thru GC. No wonder that chain is circling the drain. Most stores no longer stock the good stuff and they increasingly have problems getting in what you order. Shame because they have good people working there.

But I think my future big purchases will good thru Sweet Water. They seem to be more professional.
Old 29th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Here's something to consider as an alternative to the MF104: BD101 – Analog Gate / Delay

I have their vactrol filter pedal with the built in sequencer and optical controller and if the delay pedal is even half as good as the filter it would be worth getting.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 ➑️
My unit is odd in that it has thumb screws and a flat cover instead of the standard metal buckles on the sides with an inverted U shaped cover (looking at it from the front panel).
Point is my unit was built in the RE-150 case which was the previous model. Moreover the last 3 digits of the serial number were odd. New Roland's began at xxx100 off the assembly line. Mine was xxx073.
I emailed Roland and they told me it was a pre-production model from early 1973 that was apparently built in a 150 case laying around in at the factory and was showcased in a trade show (similar to NAMM) in La Jolla California!
That's really odd since I believe the RE-150 is actually a later model than the 201, contemporary to the RE-301 from 1978 -- both the 150 and the 301 used IC's instead of discrete transistors.

The original 1972/3 models were the RE-100 and 200 which used a tape cartridge (unobtainium now) and do not have the green colour scheme of the 101 and 201 which had the free floating tape tank. The 101 and the 201 were introduced at the same time and use transistorized circuits.

Sounds like you have a real hybrid model -- like they had the guts of an RE-201 prototype hanging around the workshop for years and put it into an RE-150's case to make it road worthy for the trade show. They supposedly made RE-201's (and likely 301's) well into the 1980's alongside the RE-501 and SRE-555 so it's possible there's other 201's in the screw case design.

Edit: The service notes for the RE-150 were first published in 1980 and revised in 1983 to give you an idea of the years it was produced.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
You always respond in a jerkish way no matter the thread. What is wrong in your life?

On topic - Anyone else here dealing with insane delays on these pedals?
I don't think it was "jerkish" response.. I think it was reasonable, and it brought some reality to the thing. Moog isn't here to save the world from people waiting for gear. If there are some delays,, call the cops.. they will tell you to call Moog. But beyond that, do you think Moog has contrived some devious plan to "delay" their shipments? I mean... let's look at that. How would such a strategy benefit them in any way?

So....maybe look a little deeper into the Moog entity and understand that they aren' 'FORD" and that also maybe a delay might also mean that they needed to modify or improve an aspect of something before releasing it...onl;y to have massive returns following that.
Old 29th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
In case people forget the Arturia Minibrute was announced in January of 2012, was mooted to be released in Feb, March, April, May, June of that year. A few units arrived in July, and then it was delays until Sept/Oct of 2012.

So a four month delay from Moog (who are normally very conscious of QC) is nothing, really. I've heard rumblings that the market is flooded with fake BBD chips -- some guitar pedal manufacturers have had BBD chip issues as well. Don't even get me started on the fake SSM 2044's and 2056's that are lousing up ebay.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknobeam ➑️
I don't think it was "jerkish" response.. I think it was reasonable, and it brought some reality to the thing. Moog isn't here to save the world from people waiting for gear. If there are some delays,, call the cops.. they will tell you to call Moog. But beyond that, do you think Moog has contrived some devious plan to "delay" their shipments? I mean... let's look at that. How would such a strategy benefit them in any way?

So....maybe look a little deeper into the Moog entity and understand that they aren' 'FORD" and that also maybe a delay might also mean that they needed to modify or improve an aspect of something before releasing it...onl;y to have massive returns following that.
Where the f*ck are you getting this nonsense?????? When did I say this?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot ➑️
Here's something to consider as an alternative to the MF104: BD101 – Analog Gate / Delay

I have their vactrol filter pedal with the built in sequencer and optical controller and if the delay pedal is even half as good as the filter it would be worth getting.
Funny you should mention the Koma. I've been considering one for a while, but I haven't had the chance to use it yet. Also don't know anyone who has. Which is why I never pulled the trigger.

But it's still on my short list of things to complete my delay pedal selection.

Thinking now of going with one of these:

MF-104M Analog Delay
Koma Elektronik BD-101
Waldorf 2-Pole Analog Delay

The Fooger is now a consideration since I'd have to wait a while if I went Moog, and if I go Moog I could afford to go big if I push it out a year.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Waldorf 2-Pole Analog Delay
It is a filter, not a delay.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia ➑️
It is a filter, not a delay.
Sorry......this is why I should not be doing two things at once.

Actually meant to type Strymon Timeline Delay pedal...but had just watched something on that Waldorf.
Old 1st May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Picked up mine today. Using it on guitar, so far so good. You can use an expression pedal to control either time or feedback but you have to remove the bottom to access a switch to choose which one. I would love to have an easily accessible button or switch on top as for some stuff I would want to control time and some stuff feedback. Maybe it can be modded?
Old 1st May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Would like to hear more about usage with synths when people get them.
Old 2nd May 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Demo w/ Microbrute...LFO out of Microbrute controlling time on mf delay...Basic sequence no other EQ!

Old 2nd May 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml692787 ➑️
Demo w/ Microbrute...LFO out of Microbrute controlling time on mf delay...Basic sequence no other EQ!

Sounds good to me.
πŸ“ Reply