Quantcast
Guitar Center cutting WAY back with used gear - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitar Center cutting WAY back with used gear
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Guitar Center cutting WAY back with used gear

i used to never mention guitarcenter.com to anyone online because it WAS the best place to get used gear, less than half ebay usually and 30 day returns/warranties. didn't want other forum heads gunning for the same stuff as me.

but in the past couple months they've reduced inventory like 80% plus so i no longer have that concern.

i read an article recently that they were broke, guess their accountants caught it costing them more than it was worth.

my local guitar center still has an OK used inventory though.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Doesnt make much sense to me. I worked there back int the 90s and I can tell you, they made so much loot off the used gear sales it was criminal. Theyd make 3-500% return on the investment Versus like the 10 or 20% return profit on new stuff.
Old 2nd March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerton โžก๏ธ
Doesnt make much sense to me. I worked there back int the 90s and I can tell you, they made so much loot off the used gear sales it was criminal. Theyd make 3-500% return on the investment Versus like the 10 or 20% return profit on new stuff.
Yeah they offer like nothing for used gear. Its like trading in a car. Clean it up and turn around and sell it for way more.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
^ya the only time i ever sold there was when unemployed if i was lacking in food and/or rent money. they pay at most half for gear than they sell it for.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Honestly you're better off pawning it.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…