Quantcast
Realistic Slap Funk Bass in 5 Minutes - NI Kontakt - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Realistic Slap Funk Bass in 5 Minutes - NI Kontakt
Old 1st March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Realistic Slap Funk Bass in 5 Minutes - NI Kontakt

Hello everyone, I've uploaded a video tutorial on creating extremely realistic slap funk bass using Scarbee Jay Bass in Kontakt. If you have time please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Kevin
YouTube Audio Guy | Instructional Videos
Old 1st March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Nice and straightforward video! Always love the Scarbee libraries but could never get a realistic sound out of it. This is the first video tutorial i've seen that tackles that issue. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna try this myself.
Old 1st March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Thanks for watching the video and for replying Frankie, hope this tutorial helps.

Kevin
Old 1st March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for sharing ... Bass player here but this seems to be a great alternative when a bass is not around ...

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 1st March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
It's also quick to change keys, tempos and arrangements when you need to revise and deliver a piece on short notice.
Thanks for the reply Mordicus.
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Great video Kevin! It definitely helps to be a bass player if you want to create realistic bass lines. I'll be looking forward to your other videos. By the way, that Youtubespacela looks sweet! This is the first time I've heard of that.
Old 2nd March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Very nice and straight to the point video, Kevin. I'll be following your channel with interest, for sure. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on horn libraries.
Old 2nd March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by roymaya ➑️
Great video Kevin! It definitely helps to be a bass player if you want to create realistic bass lines. I'll be looking forward to your other videos. By the way, that Youtubespacela looks sweet! This is the first time I've heard of that.
Hi Roymaya, thanks for watching.
Being a multi instrumentalist definitely helps because I have a preconceived idea in my head of what I should hear before I even begin to write.

Also yes, Youtube Space LA is an AMAZING production facility and barely a year old. Google's currently has 3 Youtube production facilities - Youtube Space Los Angeles (which is the largest and the flagship studio), Youtube Space London and Youtube Space Tokyo. Youtube Space New York is under construction and will open later this year.
Old 2nd March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmega1 ➑️
Very nice and straight to the point video, Kevin. I'll be following your channel with interest, for sure. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on horn libraries.
Thanks for watching and for the comment. I'm actually just starting to look at some horn libraries for a future project. As that gets closer and I spend more time with products I will do some videos pertaining to horns.
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Just tried this and I have to say separating the key switches to another track is genius! And I never thought of using the Bridge patch to make ghosts notes. Just been using the Neck patch most of the time. Subscribed to your channel and can't wait for the 2nd video. May be too late to put in a request, but I'm hoping you could in some way explain how to program slides in the 2nd video. Always had a hard time doing this with Scarbee's libraries. Thanks again!
Old 3rd March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP ➑️
Just tried this and I have to say separating the key switches to another track is genius! And I never thought of using the Bridge patch to make ghosts notes. Just been using the Neck patch most of the time. Subscribed to your channel and can't wait for the 2nd video. May be too late to put in a request, but I'm hoping you could in some way explain how to program slides in the 2nd video. Always had a hard time doing this with Scarbee's libraries. Thanks again!
There are a number of advantages to using separate midi channels for example, if you need to quickly change keys you transpose the notes only. If you want to change the "funk feel" of a track then you modify the "ghosts" only, and so on. As far as creating slides, add a track called "slides" so you can create, isolate and tweak those notes independently.

Remember, a bass guitar is like an analog audio console - everything the device is capable of is right in front of you. Plugin bass is like a digital audio console - the capabilities are still there but they are distributed across multiple presets, layers and key switch combinations. You have to create a layout that makes it all accessible and manageable to you as a user.

Thanks for the great question.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTubeAudioGuy ➑️
There are a number of advantages to using separate midi channels for example, if you need to quickly change keys you transpose the notes only. If you want to change the "funk feel" of a track then you modify the "ghosts" only, and so on. As far as creating slides, add a track called "slides" so you can create, isolate and tweak those notes independently.

Remember, a bass guitar is like an analog audio console - everything the device is capable of is right in front of you. Plugin bass is like a digital audio console - the capabilities are still there but they are distributed across multiple presets, layers and key switch combinations. You have to create a layout that makes it all accessible and manageable to you as a user.

Thanks for the great question.
I also like keeping ghost notes, slides or control data on seperate tracks. It just makes it easier to modify things and manage things. But when it's done I bounce everything to one track. At that point I want to commit and not see too many things. I can always go back and rebounce it if I need too.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by roymaya ➑️
I also like keeping ghost notes, slides or control data on seperate tracks. It just makes it easier to modify things and manage things. But when it's done I bounce everything to one track. At that point I want to commit and not see too many things. I can always go back and rebounce it if I need too.
Nice, definitely a good clean workflow tip. Thanks!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…