Quantcast
Anyone using Elektron Machinedrum for anything other than deep house/glitchs stuff? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone using Elektron Machinedrum for anything other than deep house/glitchs stuff?
Old 27th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Anyone using Elektron Machinedrum for anything other than deep house/glitchs stuff?

Dear Slutz,

I've found a good deal on a 2nd hand Machinedrum and I want to buy it.
I've watched several hundred youtube videos to see if its workflow/sound fits me and most of the videos I watched are either deep house/progressive house/techno dub, or glitchy music. I'm convinced about the workflow but I can't really decide on the sound side.
I'm more into grime, dance mania traxxx, livity sound techno, night slugs, bmore, jersey club type of sh... So, what I'm looking after is both more low-end and also distortion/overdrive on mid-high elements etc.
So , my question is: are the synth engines of Machinedrum able to generate such sounds? If there is someone in the forum who likes these types of music and produce on MAchinedrum, can they please direct me to some Soundcloud/Youtube videos etc so that I can audition?

very much appreciated.
cheers
Old 27th February 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
well the machinedrum is pretty versatile, so it should be no problem to get the synth engine to make those kind of sounds. but, a much heard critique is that the machinedrum sounds sterile and lifeless… however, you can process the sounds to become as dirty as you want them to be...
Old 27th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
As much as I love the md, I never really liked it's sound, specially the snares. Try checking all kinds of demos first.
Old 27th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If you want your beats to sound dance mania, gritty,ghetto, techno then the md is not for you. I make this kind of stuff and the md doesnt sound right for the job at all. The ot is much better if you fill it up with ththe right samples. Or get a dr660.
Old 27th February 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofisboy ➡️
Dear Slutz,

I'm more into grime, dance mania traxxx, livity sound techno, night slugs, bmore, jersey club type of sh... So, what I'm looking after is both more low-end and also distortion/overdrive on mid-high elements etc.
I knocked up a bit of electro / juke on mine last night while recording a test run of my liveset : WASCAL LIVE - Backroom (test) - YouTube
Old 27th February 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Deep house to glitch, that`s a pretty broad span if you ask me!

But it can do all kinds of percussion. Just not analog...
📝 Reply