The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analog Rytm by Elektron
Old 12th August 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubnspace ➡️
I use it with cubase and overbridge. No issues here.
Same here. Analog Keys and Rytm synced to Cubase via OB with no issues. Running the audio through VST plugins in realtime is great!
Old 29th August 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Old 1st September 2017
Deleted User
Hey everyone, happy Sept. Here's a new Rytm set:

https://glophase.bandcamp.com/track/...es-at-midnight
Old 2nd September 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Not only a great performance, but absolutely brilliant music too. Your stuff often reminds me of Nu Era, the guys from 4 Hero when doing house in the early 90s.

Awesome stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMichael ➡️

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey ➡️
Not only a great performance, but absolutely brilliant music too. Your stuff often reminds me of Nu Era, the guys from 4 Hero when doing house in the early 90s.

Awesome stuff!!
Could not agree more! My wife and I are lying in bed listening and enjoying the hell outta this.
Old 2nd September 2017
Deleted User
Many thanks to you both! And I'll def check out Nu Era.

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Amazing what you can do with just a drum machine.
Good stuff.
Old 2nd September 2017
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Yeah and 'they' say this isn't very good,
@ GeorgeMichael You do a bloody good job and it's been cool watching you go from your first sets onwards, good progression.
Old 2nd September 2017
Deleted User
Much appreciated, guys!

And loving Nu-era "beyond gravity" so far. Will def pick up.
Old 9th September 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Much appreciated, guys!

And loving Nu-era "beyond gravity" so far. Will def pick up.
NuEra "Beyond Gravity" would be in my top 10 albums of all time. Still sounds great more than 20 years after its release.

Their album The Third Adam is also really great...
Old 25th October 2017
Deleted User
Geez, sorry for being a thread hog.
Here's a recently finished rytm set, this'll be the last one for some time. Hope you like!

https://glophase.bandcamp.com/track/seeking
Old 25th October 2017 | Show parent
Deleted e26361f
Absolutely superb.

Quote:
sorry for being a thread hog.
Please keep 'em coming.
Old 27th December 2017
Deleted User
Here's a shorter thing with the microbrute and some fx. enjoy!

Old 27th December 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Here's a shorter thing with the microbrute and some fx. enjoy!

thanks
Old 8th February 2018
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Hello fellows Gearslutz,

I would like to add Samples from Mars's collection of drum samples to the analog rytm. However, as you know, the packages bring hundreds of samples in different tones. How do you advise me to select the samples to build a kit?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
snm10.
Old 8th February 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by snm10 ➡️
Hello fellows Gearslutz,

I would like to add Samples from Mars's collection of drum samples to the analog rytm. However, as you know, the packages bring hundreds of samples in different tones. How do you advise me to select the samples to build a kit?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
snm10.
Do a search on the Elektron forum for sample chains, that's likely the best way to do work.

As far as picking a kit, that's probably a broader topic that's bigger than a technical Rytm conversation. My first thought would be adding samples that bring tones to the Rytm that the Analog engine isn't delivering.
Old 20th March 2018

🎧 5 years
Hi !
how are things now with OB for AR mk1 in 2018?
Is it possible to use USB\OB without problems for recording 8 separate audio channels in DAW?
some write that there are problems and prefer to use OB only to control parameters or record main stereo-bus for audio.
As I understand the effects (chorus drive..what else?) only goes through main bus?
if I set up a performance that will affect all channels, say a filter\pitch or something else, will I hear this on separate audio tracks or only on main bus? What about delay in OB synchronization with the Logic Pro?
what is the best way to use OB for separate audio streaming in logic? With aggregate device?
in truth, a problem-free OB job with logic for 8ch separate audio streaming a decisive factor for me..
I perfectly studied the possibilities of this gorgeous machine but did not understand how it works with 8ch audio streaming via usb and OB.. judging by the comments it is clear that there are problems..
I will be very grateful for the advice
Old 12th July 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3030303030303 ➡️
I updated the OS from 12.18 to 1.22B & now I keep getting the message NVRAM Restore Failed!
I've ran the error test & it comes back with 0 errors tried factory reset & still end up with the same message.
The kits that was on it are now gone & nothing seems to save.

Has anyone had or got this problem?

Cheers
Hi, this just happened to me after i upgraded my Rytm MK1 to the latest OS.

Did you ever resolve this issue?
Old 2nd June 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Weird. I'm on page 70 of this thread, and it says there's a page 71... but clicking on that leads me to page 70 again.

Maybe it's got something to do with the GS -> GSpace cut over, or I've just hit the wall like in the Truman Show

Who's still rocking the Rytm in 2021?
Old 2nd June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Not rocking the Rytm I am afraid but wondering why it is in the DJs and Dance Music sub forum. I appreciate it can be used for that but it also can be used for other forms of music like every other drum machine. Why is it here? Are we going to start partitioning off loads of gear to this sub forum? I am confused.

Mods?

Thanks
Old 4th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapro ➡️
Not rocking the Rytm I am afraid but wondering why it is in the DJs and Dance Music sub forum. I appreciate it can be used for that but it also can be used for other forms of music like every other drum machine. Why is it here? Are we going to start partitioning off loads of gear to this sub forum? I am confused.

Mods?

Thanks
I agree!
Old 5th June 2021 | Show parent
Aml

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapro ➡️

Mods?

Thanks
Yeah, I’m curious about this too seeing as how the RD9 thread, amongst other drum machines, is still in the main forum. Love my RYTM, and would be a shame if this thread slowly perished by being relegated to this sub.
Old 7th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiedotwtf ➡️
Weird. I'm on page 70 of this thread, and it says there's a page 71... but clicking on that leads me to page 70 again.

Maybe it's got something to do with the GS -> GSpace cut over, or I've just hit the wall like in the Truman Show

Who's still rocking the Rytm in 2021?
Still rocking my Mk I

It's my general purpose drum machine. Not always my first choice though, I got quite a few drum machines in the toolkit so I have the luxury of cherrypicking boxes for just about any context, but yeh. Really happy that multitracking the rytm via OB2 also finally works on my machine
Old 15th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The combination of Analog Rytm + Alesis Bitrman is amazing. Take a look at 18:01…

Old 15th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Ppl still use Elektron? It’s 2021. Get a laptop.
Old 15th June 2021

🎧 5 years
Elektron Rytm Free TRs Sound Pack

I have created a FREE project on the Elektron Rytm with the four most famous Roland drum machines (TR-606, TR-707, TR-808 and TR-909)
The samples I have taken from free packs on the internet so as not to have problems when distributing them. They are not of the best quality ... especially those of the 707 and 909.
If this is well received and supported by my YT channel I promise that I will improve (2.0) with better recorded samples.
The Sound Pack is compatible with Elektron Analog Rytm versions I and II and consists of:

1x Project
8x Kits (2 per machine, one clean and the other with FX)
8x Patterns (1 for Kit)
46x Samples (of the 4 TR machines)

Old 22nd December 2021 | Show parent
Deleted b46abdb
CR78 FOR RYTM SysEx file (100% Synthesis) & Example

I programmed most of the CR78 voices on Analog Rytm and made the kit downloadable SysEx here. No samples are used.

The only voice I could not quite replicate was Metal Beat, so there's a stand in for that on the BD/voice 1.

Enjoy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qiw...ew?usp=sharing

edit: fixed the metal beat. Still dark, but much closer so long as you pitch it up +5.
Attached Files

CR78 For Rytm Test 1.mp3 (830.5 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by Deleted b46abdb; 23rd December 2021 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: edited kit to improve metal beat voice
Old 23rd December 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyornaments ➡️
I programmed most of the CR78 voices on Analog Rytm and made the kit downloadable SysEx here. No samples are used.

The only voice I could not quite replicate was Metal Beat, so there's a stand in for that on the BD/voice 1.

Enjoy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IS9...ew?usp=sharing
Thanks!
📝 Reply