Quantcast
Your favorite affordable piano modules (hardware-only, please) - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your favorite affordable piano modules (hardware-only, please)
Old 24th August 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Whatever module you end up, make sure it has a piano you like that sounds good in mono.

Unless you're running a stereo rig & stereo PA, then you'll most likely be outputting a mono signal. Some rompler pianos don't work well in mono and end up sounding like crap. Some will have a dedicated mono piano patch, but some may not. It can be a problem.
Old 24th August 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How regardded is the Alesis NanoPiano?
Old 24th August 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Unbelievable, nobody has mentioned the Kurzweil MicroEnsemble yet!
Also called ME1, this half-rack module has all the presets of the PC2 series (minus the organs, which are sampled rather than modeled).
The quality of the pianos is *much* superior to the MicroPiano, and it has many other useful sounds.

However, the king of the piano modules is the RP-X. Get one if you can find it.
Old 24th August 2014
Deleted User
Yamaha GT2, without any competition IMHO and my way of playing.
Old 25th August 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Prophet ➡️
Yamaha GT2, without any competition IMHO and my way of playing.
Huh?! You mean the Grand Touch? Are they selling the sound generation box separately? Or are you just trying to be funny...?!
Old 26th March 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Hi! Any idea where to find a GEM RP-X? I check that site and its out of stock.
Old 3rd February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Back in the 90's I bought a Kurz MP. Tonite I plugged into the Iloud speakers and an extra controller, in my bathroom...an alternative to magazines

It sounds great, to my surprise. The ILouds cannot handle much bass, but they love the micropiano. Clear as crystal. Even the leslie sound good.

I was looking at the ME1, they are not that cheap, more than a JV1010!
Old 3rd February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhoh7 ➡️
Back in the 90's I bought a Kurz MP. Tonite I plugged into the Iloud speakers and an extra controller, in my bathroom...an alternative to magazines

It sounds great, to my surprise. The ILouds cannot handle much bass, but they love the micropiano. Clear as crystal. Even the leslie sound good.
I believe the MicroPiano is actually the original K250 samples. I had one, and while today I think there are better, especially if you want a classical grand piano, it sound pretty darn good and is very usable.
Old 3rd February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think the Kurzweil guys just had good ears. Micropiano was K2000 derived I think? I'm not up on modern sampled pianos but I like my Micropiano a lot. Even the FM pianos on it are nice. Brilliant strings too. Got a Yamaha P50m (CP80 samples, okay Rhodes and a nice stereo piano) and Emu Proformance for peanuts in the last few years too, they're nice to have.

A Kurzweil demo from Paweł Mikołajczyk. It doesn't sound like almost 30 year old tech to my ears!

Old 8th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock ➡️
I think the Kurzweil guys just had good ears. Micropiano was K2000 derived I think? I'm not up on modern sampled pianos but I like my Micropiano a lot. Even the FM pianos on it are nice. Brilliant strings too. Got a Yamaha P50m (CP80 samples, okay Rhodes and a nice stereo piano) and Emu Proformance for peanuts in the last few years too, they're nice to have.

A Kurzweil demo from Paweł Mikołajczyk. It doesn't sound like almost 30 year old tech to my ears!

That’s what l’m talking about! If you use Mainstage or other lapchop the lack of lag really throws you off!

It beats all my rompys, MOXF, JV1010, and proteus 1. Must have some sweet dacs inside. No reverb drench either like so many samples struggle under.
📝 Reply