Quantcast
Musicmesse Frankfurt - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Musicmesse Frankfurt
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Musicmesse Frankfurt

I've always wanted to go to NAMM, but realistically I don't see myself being in America anytime soon. Musicmesse in Frankfurt is a little closer to home being in London so I was wondering if any of you would recommend taking the trip to go there?

I'm guessing its not going to be on the same level as NAMM, but is it still worth the trip? From the looks of it, it's more instrument based rather than geeky synthesisers and tech, which is really what I would want to venture out to see. Hopefully one of you can prove me wrong, I'd probably make the trip if I'm going to see all the major (and hopefully some of the more minor boutique) brands there.

What are your thoughts?
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Also interested in this, they appear to have public days and never having visited Germany this might be the perfect excuse.
Old 30th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Hi!

The nice thing about Musikmesse is, it's actually two; Musikmesse and Prolight&Sound. Musikmesse deals with all kinds of instruments (definately including synths) but as well eg literature, sheet music and so on. Prolight&Sound, as the name might tell, is more towards PA and Lights...

All in all, it's quite big (unfortunately i can't compare it to NAMM because i've never been there) and i guess there's something for everyone... As well they have a nice program, eg concerts and workshops.

On the other side i have to say that Frankfurt maybe isn't the best City to go if you're interestes in getting a good impression of Germany ; ) But due to the fact taht you can get there really quick and fairly cheap from London: give it a try!

Best,
Tom
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Hi there Tom,

Thankfully I've been to Germany twice, and I had very good impressions of the country! So no need for being impressed, more interested in the show and what it has to offer. I've seen that Clavia/Nord will have a station there, however, I'd be very inclined to come check it out if I will get the chance to see some other big names in the business. Would be interested to know if the likes of Moog, Dave Smith (would love to check out the new 12), Korg (would love the see the new MS20 in action!!) will be there.. So far I get the impression that they won't as it seems to be much more music\instrument focused.. Would also love to see some other processor focused brands such as empirical labs, elysia and so on.

What would be the icing on the cake would be if I could expect to see some more off the wall manufacturers there, they seem to be very present at NAMM, I was very surprised to see there was a Buchla booth, that new easel looks bomb! Obviously I don't expect them to be present, but you never know!
๐Ÿ“ Reply