Audio-Term Software - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audio-Term Software
Old 19th January 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica ➡️
I notice a lot of interest from the non Windows crowd, so...

AT seems to work fine in Wine for Mac/Linux heads, although the screen should be at least 800 pixels high to accommodate the full screen. I need to poke around a little more to make sure, but everything I did poke seemed to work with no untoward reactions.
The computer AT 1 was developed on/for was a twelve year old computer with a 17'' crt monitor and a light pen, hence the low window size (and the builtin screen saver, which pops up in the non-window mode after 15 minutes idle time ). Initially it wasn't planned to run on other machines.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktomcat666 ➡️
The computer AT 1 was developed on/for was a twelve year old computer with a 17'' crt monitor and a light pen, hence the low window size (and the builtin screen saver, which pops up in the non-window mode after 15 minutes idle time ). Initially it wasn't planned to run on other machines.
Forgot to mention, no special settings in Wine, just run it.

Ah the old days when nobody needed more than 1024 x 768 pixels... Or more than one color!
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica ➡️
Forgot to mention, no special settings in Wine, just run it.

Ah the old days when nobody needed more than 1024 x 768 pixels... Or more than one color!
I have a soft spot for these mid - 80s interface styles. The AT1 GUI was inspired by the Fairlight CMI and the PPG Waveterm B. Another advantage was that it's quite easy to code, especially for a novice.
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hi all

I just wanted to chime in on this thread that:

AUDIOTERM IS INSANELY COOL!

The GUI is one thing thats a USP, but how quickly it does it’s thing is a whole level above, very very clever.

When I bought an EPS16+, my list was thus:

- Fix the sliders
- Install HXC
- Convert factory libraries to HFE and listen
- Get Audioterm ansbmake cool transwaves

So that’s what I did, and my brief experiments with Audioterm have been fruitful. What I did was...

1. Make an interesting short sweep in Cubase, I sampled a note from Wavestation VSE, or an SQ8L sync sweep.

2. Normalise and chuck into audio term

3. It analyses, I play with the contrast settings, and then it spits out an EFE file, easily converted for use with my HXC.

It even tells me how many samples to make the Transwave skipping! 256 apparently.

I’m just BLOWN AWAY
Old 6th May 2018 | Show parent
PHG
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz ➡️
Hi all

I just wanted to chime in on this thread that:

AUDIOTERM IS INSANELY COOL!

The GUI is one thing thats a USP, but how quickly it does it’s thing is a whole level above, very very clever.

When I bought an EPS16+, my list was thus:

- Fix the sliders
- Install HXC
- Convert factory libraries to HFE and listen
- Get Audioterm ansbmake cool transwaves
I downloaded Audioterm, but still haven't made anything with it. I need to check it out soon. I have the Art Of Transwaves set, and most of the sounds are really cool.

Not to derail the thread too much, but what exactly did you have done to the silders? Some type of upgrade? I think I saw you mention it in another thread too. I haven't had any trouble with mine before.
Old 27th October 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hey blacktomcat666, are you still around at all? I see you haven't posted here since 2016. I hope you're okay. I would Really like to find out what happened with AT 2. Your demos are Very tantalizing!

I actually got AT1 to use with my Blofeld but I do have an ASR10. I haven't tried using AT1 with it yet. I need to figure it out a bit better; haven't had much luck with it yet with the Blofeld. None in fact.

So talk to us, man. It appears you have a real jewel here and I'm always on the hunt for treasures.
📝 Reply