Quantcast
very special MachineDrum question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
very special MachineDrum question
Old 30th January 2013
Deleted 41f541f
very special MachineDrum question

what happens at the MIDI out when a machine is triggered? is there a note on sent?
the point is : could i trigger an external sample player WITHOUT using an external machine et's say a bassdrum machine on track 1 triggers an additional bassdrum sample via midi on as external sampler - and on a side note : is there a reason why Hector chooses track 10 for HiHat???
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Yep you can do this. If you don't load any Midi machines into your kit, then the Midi out should default to a sort of 'keyboard tracking' mode. So if you're careful with what sounds you load to what tracks, you can achieve this.

You can also generate some pretty weird synth patterns this way, as the note on messages of the 16 tracks are whole tones apart.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by michi_mak ➡️
what happens at the MIDI out when a machine is triggered? is there a note on sent?
yes.. when you enable midi out..

Quote:
- and on a side note : is there a reason why Hector chooses track 10 for HiHat???
nothing machine drum related..any track can do any machine...

maybe he cant count higher?
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by michi_mak ➡️
the point is : could i trigger an external sample player WITHOUT using an external machine et's say a bassdrum machine on track 1 triggers an additional bassdrum sample via midi on as external sampler - and on a side note : is there a reason why Hector chooses track 10 for HiHat???
you should download the very special manual at elektron.se

it explains all the functions. there are many fun and useful tricks though. if you go through the huge amount of posts at elektron-users.com you'll find out lot's of info as well.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Deleted 41f541f
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon ➡️
you should download the very special manual at elektron.se

it explains all the functions. there are many fun and useful tricks though. if you go through the huge amount of posts at elektron-users.com you'll find out lot's of info as well.
the very special manual didn't help me there, that's why i asked...there is a default MIDI mapping for the tracks but i refers to incoming MIDI ( at least it's the way i understand it )...
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…