Quantcast
Anyone make a 49-key mini keyboard? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone make a 49-key mini keyboard?
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anyone make a 49-key mini keyboard?

Korg came out with the Microkey 61 & 37 and M-Audio has a Mini Keystation 32, but no one seems to have made one in between that. Does anyone know of a mini keyboard that has more keys than 37, up to 49 keys? I really like the M-Audio Mini Keystation 32 and it's great for fleshing out ideas, but sometimes I would to get a little more involved into playing with more keys. I enjoy the small portable nature of these and was thinking of getting a Korg Microkey 61, but was curious if there's something close to a 49 key mini keyboard.
Old 15th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just bought the Microkey 61 and while its longer than I want, I'm going to see if it's still small enough to play with on my lap.
Old 15th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Korg Microkontrol49...
Old 15th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_mike ➑️
Korg Microkontrol49...
full size keys, discontinued
Old 15th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
have you thought about a Casio CZ101 or Yamaha DX100 both have 49 mini keys and are full fleged synths with good midi ability
Old 15th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I have a microkontrol and no, the keys are not full size.

Also easily available used.
Old 15th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike ➑️
have you thought about a Casio CZ101 or Yamaha DX100 both have 49 mini keys and are full fleged synths with good midi ability
I forgot about these 2 being mini keys. Years ago I would've been all for this and tried to make it work, because that would be like getting a synth for free (sort of) on top of the controller, but I'm more into workflow these days. I'm looking for something that is small, like 5" in width or less and can be USB powered to make it easy and compact to use with a laptop without being tethered with a power adapter. (Though I do know the Casio can run on batteries). But I'm looking for a dedicated mini key controller. I'm hoping the Microkey 61 isn't too big.
Old 15th February 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I do like that KORG 61 minikeys controller. May get me to take the wear and tear off my Microstation. I may just get full size controller though. For just a bit more I could get a second Microstation for more instant gratification when playing live.
Old 15th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah I considered the Microstation as well and liked it has Arp seq buttons on the front panel, but don't like it can't run on batteries and needs a power cord. I'm going for the compact factor but need more keys than 37. I use to think 37 keys was a good amount, but I think 45 keys is about right for composition.

I have the M-Audio Mini Keystation 32 and think it's the best mini key feel out of all of the mini controllers out there. But I shall see if the Microkey feels as good and responds as well as the M-Audio. It has good velocity sensitivity.
Old 22nd August 2019
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone arriving at this post looking for keyboards of this type, see the following ranges:

Midiplus X4 mini
KORG - MICROKEY2
IK Multimedia iRig
SubZero Controlkey
πŸ“ Reply