Quantcast
Solina connected to Slim Phatty problem - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Solina connected to Slim Phatty problem
Old 27th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Solina connected to Slim Phatty problem

This is probably not the place to ask this question, but I cannot figure out how to start a new thread.I have a Solina String Ensemble that I have had since the late 70's. I have just recently acquired a Moog Slim Phatty. I have been trying to connect the Solina into the audio in of the S.P., but I get no sound. Am I doing something wrong, or is the Solina just not compatible with the L.P? Thanks for your help.

Tim
Old 29th January 2013

4 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Moved it from https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...ing-synth.html to separate thread. Ppl started replying to OP rather then your question.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
no problem; sounds like normal behavior. you need to open the gate on the Slim Phatty in order to hear it; this goes for any signals applied to the external input as well.

You can play a MIDI note, apply 5V to the Gate CV input jack on the back, or there's a demo mode page on the Master menu where you can latch the gate to be on. Any of these will allow sound to come through, and the sound level is then controlled by the volume envelope Sustain level.

One more caveat: you need to have the Decay parameter set fairly low if you want infinite sustain, otherwise (with high Decay) the actual sustain level will gradually fade away due to a quirk of Bob's analog EG circuit.
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried pressing a key on my midi keyboard and then holding down a sustain pedal to free up that hand. It works. I figured it must be something simple that I was doing wrong. Thanks again
๐Ÿ“ Reply