Quantcast
What Htz/V to V/Octave converters are on the market - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Htz/V to V/Octave converters are on the market
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
What Htz/V to V/Octave converters are on the market

I have an old Korg SQ-10 which runs on Hertz Per Volt. From what I can tell the new Korg MS-20 Mini runs on Volts Per Octave. Do you know of any device currently on the market I can use to hook the two together?

So far the only product I can find that does this is the Korg MS-02 which is expensive for what it does and doesn't come up for sale too often.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The new one will run just like the old one. You can use them together without any additional devices.
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Korg told me the MS20-Mini runs on Volt Per Octave, doesn't this mean the tuning will be off?
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Everything I've read in these forums and others says that it runs just like the original and uses HZ/V like the original. I'm not too familiar with this stuff but looking at the specs I see OCT/V for external control but I also see an additional linear response CV input as well. Does that mean there's both? Not sure...
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Either way I think I'll get the MS-20 Mini and work it out once I have it.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This is interesting Harvestman is coming out with a new module..

Quote:
via The Harvestman on Facebook

"Many good things were displayed at NAMM. To me, one of the most important was the new Korg MS-20 Mini. I played with it for a long time and enjoyed it very much. It is very close to my full-size model. The MS-20 itself is an electronic instrument of extreme cultural importance, being the tool that motivated the development of several significant electronic music styles. This new version, available to all at a very low price, can only mean good things for the further development of these styles, and modular synthesis technique in general.

Because of this impending instrument release, I announce with great satisfaction ENGLISH TEAR, the first in a line of small utility modules. This module features the expected 'voltage processor' attenuverter and big offset knobs, but also includes a full set of functions for interfacing to an MS-20. Easy conversion from exponential volt-per-octave to linear hertz-per-volt and back, as well as V-trigger to S-trigger conversion. Jack normalling fixes the voltage processors to these converter circuits, so you may scale the input voltages as desired. The log/expo converter ciruits also have many other uses in your modular system beyond the conversion of pitched voltages.

Price? Cheaper than anything else I've done. It will be released when the MS-20 comes out. I was thinking of dropping it into the Zorlon/Donut production run scheduled for April, but if the MS is somehow released before that I can expedite the build."

the harvestman: synthesizers and effects made in seattle
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the link. I'll keep an eye out for it.
πŸ“ Reply