Quantcast
Stompbox for a Drum Machine? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stompbox for a Drum Machine?
Old 13th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i have a space and a strymon timeline and would highly recommend either or both. they sound fantastic together.
Old 13th December 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quote:
Vermona's spring reverberations are awesome. There's one in the DRM-1 that I wish I could tap into.
that is inaccurate its a bbd delay I own one.
Old 14th December 2013

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
A Pod HD wouldn't be a crazy suggestion here. What you get for very little money is phenomenal. You can use two inputs if you make use of the Mic input, and since you can run 8 FX in any combination including a dual path loop, you could process say a kick and snare individually. You get an amazing array or compression, distortion, eq filter etc so you could really sculpt you drum tones - even the pitch and octave fX can work on drums. You have a choice of delay which can sound great on drums. And best of all, the reverbs are very good and flexible. I find them very successful at making small rooms, which are ideal for drums. Or you could have a long spring on a snare, or whatever you choose. When you compare with stompboxes and classic rack FX, the Pod HD stuff gives them a serious run for their money. To have the convenience of saving your presets, midi control and tap tempo etc - there's not a lot they can't do quite well, and in some cases better than most.
Old 14th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
OTO biscuit? This being my attempt at living vicariously through the OP.
Old 14th December 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi ➑️
A Pod HD wouldn't be a crazy suggestion here. What you get for very little money is phenomenal.
That is a very good suggestion. I've been thinking of getting one before they get "noticed".
Old 14th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like pedals.. And have got a few.. Use then on drum machines lots.

My fave reverb is Strymon BlueSky. I use that on drum heaps.

Favourite delay for drum machines is "Red panda - Particle" - a particle delay with pitch shifter mixed in. Brilliant for giving a boring drum beat some real magic.

Favourite phaser - Mutron BiPhase or Phase2

Favorite Filter - Frostwave MS20 clone..
(OTO Bisquit is cool too, but it doesn't have a great bottom end thump)

Distortion... To be honest, no real winners at the moment. Still searching. The Rat got mentioned, but I find it a bit thin TBH..

I'd be keen to know other distortion recommendations.
Old 14th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The Particle has been on my list for a minute. Pure audio carnage out of that thing.
Old 14th December 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The Zoom BT 100 is an amazing stereo FX pedal that allows you to run 6 fx at a time. You can add fx via Bluetooth as well. It is extremely well reviewed and only costs $150. A huge value for the money.
Zoom MS-100BT MultiStomp with Bluetooth Pedal Review

Here is a thread of stomp boxes that work great with synths and drum machines: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...facturers.html
Old 15th December 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbelt Jones ➑️
The Zoom BT 100 is an amazing stereo FX pedal that allows you to run 6 fx at a time. You can add fx via Bluetooth as well. It is extremely well reviewed and only costs $150.
Have you actually used this with synths? It wasn't clear to me from the manual that it could be used at line level.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimwolf ➑️
Have you actually used this with synths? It wasn't clear to me from the manual that it could be used at line level.
I have... Bought it for my TT 303 and ended using it with my then Ti Polar. It was my first pedal actually (I now have 11... Sold the BT to fund other pedals but I really miss it... Didn't realize how good it was until it was gone and so I will add it back to the collection). It takes line level with no issue at all, as do many modern pedals. That thread I linked has all the known pedal lines that take a line level btw... It's a solid resource if I do say so myself. I need to add this Zoom line.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks!
Old 16th December 2013

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Last time I tried the Zoom stuff I was underwhelmed - but I was looking for alternatives to my Pods and other pedals. You would need to try before you buy with that one. But at least you could afford to buy one for every output - I think you need at least two FX chains for drums. For reverb it's got to be a digital pedal, and you might as well get gating, compression, delays, eq and as many other FX as you can while you are at it. I think all digital guitar pedals are worth investigating for this purpose - even the older models that should be quite cheap.

If money and space was no object there is a bunch of analog pedals that are fantastic on drums, but that's another story.
Old 16th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm still waiting to see someone use the new Zoom MS-70CDR with synths or drum machines, but so far nothing has materialized.
Old 17th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i also like running my quasimidi 309 through a swollen pickle fuzz pedal for monster kicks!
πŸ“ Reply