Quantcast
Plan B Music Easel - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plan B Music Easel
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Plan B Music Easel

Putting Plan B's reputation aside, am I the only one that would be interested in the Plan B Music Easel? Don't get me wrong, the new Buchla Music Easel looks exciting, but I like the idea of a similar instrument with distinctive differences, and perhaps evolutions as well.

It certainly looks as though the Plan B Music Easel had some differences, and presumably had different internal circuitry to some extent as well and thus would provide a different sound palette. It's such a shame there aren't more manufacturers offering instruments with an emphasis on versatility, and an interface geared toward interaction.

Old 27th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox ➡️
Putting Plan B's reputation aside...
I was under the impression that Plan B had paid back the money he owed people or was in the process of paying them back?

I've heard a lot of positive comments about the sound and the features of their modules. Most of the complaints were related to financial problems (people paying for items but then not recieving them). But I thought all the problems had finally been resolved last year.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If you want to create an evolved version of the Buchla Easel, you can go the Malekko/Wiard route and control it with Make Noise Pressure Points (or the upcoming Macbeth touchplate keyboard, if it makes it to production). In Euro (and the modular world in general) there are a ton of manufacturers "offering instruments with an emphasis on versatility, and an interface geared toward interaction."
Old 27th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Voltage ➡️
I was under the impression that Plan B had paid back the money he owed people or was in the process of paying them back?

Most of the complaints were related to financial problems (people paying for items but then not recieving them). But I thought all the problems had finally been resolved last year.
That may be. I wasn't one of those people affected by Plan B's troubles, so I never kept up-to-date about how they went about resolving their issues, or if they had been resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Voltage ➡️
I've heard a lot of positive comments about the sound and the features of their modules.
Yeah, so have I, which is one of the reasons I'm a little disappointed Plan B's Music Easel won't become a reality after all. Their modules seemed unique, and useful, and generally came with high praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTByrd ➡️
If you want to create an evolved version of the Buchla Easel, you can go the Malekko/Wiard route and control it with Make Noise Pressure Points (or the upcoming Macbeth touchplate keyboard, if it makes it to production). In Euro (and the modular world in general) there are a ton of manufacturers "offering instruments with an emphasis on versatility, and an interface geared toward interaction."
Those are very good suggestions.

Does the Macbeth touchplate or Make Noise Pressure Points produce voltage for the Y axis as well? I'm under the impression Buchla's touchplates produces a voltage for the key, and an additional voltage based on where along the Y axis/height of the key that it is touched. Presumably the Plan B Music Easel would have done something similar.

I actually linked to the Malekko/Wiard image you referenced in another thread. The Wiard Anti-Envelope never went in to production. As others pointed out in that thread, this route lacks certain features that would be present in a Buchla Music Easel, but there's no doubt it would offer the greater degree of versatility and interaction that I'm describing.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Pressure Points outputs a pressure voltage based on how much of your finger is in contact with the metal touch plate (sort of like the "z axis" on the Voyager's touchplate). Don't overlook the DPO and Optomix (or QMMG) for Buchla style Euro goodness.
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
[QUOTE=Equinox;8683945]Putting Plan B's reputation aside

Nice idea , i can picture the muffwiggler thread now
Old 10th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Who said It's not gonna become reality? Of course it will!
📝 Reply