Quantcast
Sunrizer Synth - VST equivalent?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sunrizer Synth - VST equivalent??
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sunrizer Synth - VST equivalent??

I really like the sound of the Sunrizer synth which is only available for Ipad/Iphone. Ive never found anything which comes close to this on VST - although I obviously havent tried every VST synth. I cant really put my finger on what it is about this synth - its just so good sounding, inspirational, musical, easy to programme.

I read it was based on the Roland JP8000. I Used to own one of those and no way does it sounds as good or have anything like the range of sounds as Sunrizer.

Question is - anyone know of a VST close to Sunrizers sound? Or even a hardware virtual synth (no analog will do it). I dont think the maker of Sunrizer will ever make a VST version - although they should as I find their synth one of a kind. Its a pure EDM music machine which is excellent at everything from bass to lush strings.

BeepStreet - software - on the wave - Sunrizer

Quote:
The Sunrizer is a subtractive-additive* synthesizer with sound engine that offers a combination of analog oscillator waveforms, wide range of high quality filters (classic LP/HP/BP and more advanced like comb and formant filters) and DSP (chorus, reverb,distorstion, equalization) effects.
Old 1st July 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Bump
Old 1st July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Z3ta 2. It does a lot more too.
Old 2nd July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
DiscoDSP Corona
Old 2nd July 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I really like Sunrizer! It's the reason I've abandoned the idea of finding a hardware VA... had a Gaia and sold it because you can't really compare to Sunrizer.

I don't know if people here like the iPad, but they should listen to Sunrizer before saying that. It's easily better than a lot of software synths for PC/Mac. I have Omnisphere, and Sunrizer beats it's VA part in terms of sound (not features).

I'd like to see Sunrizer for Mac too.....

I'll try Diva here and test it side by side. Diva is probably better, but there's something going on inside Sunrizer that really shines in terms of sound... can't really explain.
Old 2nd July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm not too keen on Sunrizer.

Thor from reason has just been released for Ipad, that's worthwhile for sure.

The moog filter is nice, why the don't they release that as AU?
Old 2nd July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr73645 ➑️
I really like Sunrizer! It's the reason I've abandoned the idea of finding a hardware VA... had a Gaia and sold it because you can't really compare to Sunrizer.

I don't know if people here like the iPad, but they should listen to Sunrizer before saying that. It's easily better than a lot of software synths for PC/Mac. I have Omnisphere, and Sunrizer beats it's VA part in terms of sound (not features).

I'd like to see Sunrizer for Mac too.....

I'll try Diva here and test it side by side. Diva is probably better, but there's something going on inside Sunrizer that really shines in terms of sound... can't really explain.
Is this opinion based off of using it on the iOS device itself or once the sound has been recorded into a DAW?

If DAW, can you post a clip? I've noticed something about iOS synthesizers and people's perception, but it could be garbage. You could help me learn more.
Old 13th May 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
BeepStreet - music software

Is it better than the iOS version?
I love it listening from my iPhone.
πŸ“ Reply