Quantcast
new NORD synth teaser: "We haven't forgotten our synthesizer roots..." - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
new NORD synth teaser: "We haven't forgotten our synthesizer roots..."
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➑️
+1000

But... I doubt it.
A new modular, anything else i dont care.
Old 2nd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysputnik ➑️
nordlead1, 86% of the original size
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I would buy a NL4
Not much interest for the Wave or Electro or a modular. I still use my NL2x but in 2013 there is of course place for some improvements. Host integration, USB connection, a small effect sections, different handling of layering etc.
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
My dream:

Clavia creates their first analog synth: Nord Analog. It has five voices, awesome filters, 64 presets and a built in effect section. And it's (reasonably) affordable. 3,2,1, go Clavia :D
Old 2nd February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianolando ➑️
My dream:

Clavia creates their first analog synth: Nord Analog. It has five voices, awesome filters, 64 presets and a built in effect section. And it's (reasonably) affordable. 3,2,1, go Clavia :D
Seconded, only I want it's VA section to be mixed in somehow too with it's NL3 unison.
Old 3rd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtone ➑️
Ah well, I've used that most useless piece of crap on literally hundreds of records.
Some of the best instruments have quirks or blemishes.
You continue griping waiting for the perfect spec'd VA... And I'll continue making music with a great sounding instrument.
yes as have many. lets just hope they actually deliver something a little more complete this time in the LFO sync department.
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalpress ➑️
yes as have many. lets just hope they actually deliver something a little more complete this time in the LFO sync department.
Can you explain exactly what is wrong with the NL here? Is it the NL2 we're talking about?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyn Zahav ➑️
Can you explain exactly what is wrong with the NL here? Is it the NL2 we're talking about?
Well the NL2, the NL3 and the Nord Wave all have LFO sync issues. The first 2 have bugs which wont let you sync anything to midi clock and the feature is completely removed from the Nord Wave.

I much preferred the Oberheim ob-12, Yamaha ANx-1 as a pure VA over the Nord or the Virus stuff. But when Nord released all those vintage synth and keyboard samples for the Nord Wave they turned it into this magnificent piece of gear that is so flexible and usable in a project.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
if they mad a new synth and it was along the lines of the wave or the NL's i would be hoping for the following;

id like to see the following

(1) improve on the va synth section and give it more organic character somehow. something like the ob-12 or the ANx1 or better. no point making a VA if you are not prepared to write code that actually sounds good.

(2) provide at least 300 slots to load samples instead of 99. the samples Nord provides at the moment are fantastic.

(3) Change the distortion at the end to a real analog tube distortion as the current digital one sounds like total ass.

(4) make a decent chorus algorithm kind of like a boss CE-1 emulation similar to UAD.

(5) get rid of the morph function

(6) add an arpeggiator and a sequencer

(7) make 4 envelopes instead of 3.

(8) make all LFOS and Envelopes syncable to the arp/sequencer and to the MIDI clock. make sure this actually works flawlessly.

(9) give the synth a unison with voice detune mode and at least 32 voices for multitimbral splits

(10) allow up to 4 sounds to be stacked at once. Nord synth engines stack very well compared to other synths. so this is an essential feature to keep pushing with.

(11) keep the filters section of the nord wave as is. its perfect.

(12) make sure everything is automateable from the daw and connects via usb. provide a synth editor as well as the sample software.

(13) 96k? if you cant keep it under 3k.

(14) keep the modulation assignment and overall user interface. Again Nord make the best modern user interfaces. keep that going.

(15) i like the Nord wave knobs, they feel good, no need to waste money of big ****** knobs.

do this all for under $3000 US retail.

if they can't deliver this price point then they might struggle with all the competition. Synth market is very tight now. Sledge for 1500 buks sounds great, King Korg is out for similar price, Prophet 12 for 3000 buks and the Solaris for 4200 buks and the Virus of course. Its going to be very hard to Nord to compete with all these unless they actually make some serious improvements to their current line of synths.
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Doubtful that the new Nord will have the NL3 interface, unfortunately.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Imagine they do an analog synth in their own way ...AND... they build it RED!
Old 12th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farshad ➑️
Imagine they do an analog synth in their own way ...AND... they build it RED!
RED! Yes! I want that! I know coming from them it would have just enough uniqueness to be really interesting.
Old 13th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Please no onboard fx...I already have fx :-)
Old 14th February 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
100% analog signal path or why bother. I don't know about anyone else but i'm pretty virtual'd out .
Old 19th March 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Nord Lead 4 with Nord Lead 3 interface please....
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Messe is april 10-13

so, hopefully we'll hear something then

Welcome
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Messe is april 10-13

so, hopefully we'll hear something then

Welcome
Old 19th March 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Old 19th March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiance ➑️
This is the kind of throw-away Gearslutz comment that I really don't understand.

Why would anyone plead for a synth not to have onboard effects? If you don't want to use them, no one is forcing you. Other people might find them useful.

D.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb ➑️
This is the kind of throw-away Gearslutz comment that I really don't understand.

Why would anyone plead for a synth not to have onboard effects? If you don't want to use them, no one is forcing you. Other people might find them useful.

D.
If I don't want to use them, I also don't want to pay for them right?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Looks like a Nord Wave 2, knob left of Pitchbend is Chord Memory and nothing to the right of it which indicate its not a Nord Lead since this is where they put the Modwheel Dest. Knob.

I hope this Nord Wave 2 thingy will have tons of knobs and no empty space on the right. However if thats not the case i wish for a Pacman Game Screen.
Old 19th March 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Whatever it is, it will be built like a tank, well designed, multitimbral, 100% beta tested before it's release and sound absolutely superb.

Other half-assed synth companies out there (you know who you are), please take note.
Old 19th March 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
i hope its a nord lead 1 emulator, a virtual virtual analog
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
If I don't want to use them, I also don't want to pay for them right?
FX are usually not that big of a part of the cost of programming. Controls - yes. But those are a fraction of the knobs required for a tweakable synth.

Still, it's nice to have a quick effect available without having to hook up extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkastrup ➑️
I hope this Nord Wave 2 thingy will have tons of knobs and no empty space on the right.
The empty space is so that you can make rack versions and keyboards from a single template. This saves quite a bit of cost.

Just consider it free space for stompboxes.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I gig. At a minimum I want a delay.

It would be nice if they included a playable effect interface like that on the Stage 2:

Last edited by Tusker; 19th March 2013 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: clarity
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by asynchro_nous ➑️
Doubtful that the new Nord will have the NL3 interface, unfortunately.
definitely not. if anyone remembers the G2 teaser, they were very proud to show off those encoders. can't find a pic of it online, but it was pretty damn exciting. this looks like the same old Lead style design (?? not that you can tell much from that angle).
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

I want a 61 key keyboard with a nord pitchbend, 2 modwheels, 3-5 pedal/CV inputs and the entire rest of the interface above the keys covered with the lighted encoders of the NL 3. Over top of each encoder I want a small backlit LCD that displays whatever text I program it to display or whatever text the computer sends it.

I would like programmable USB, CV (multiple jacks) and MIDI out (in1, in2, out, thru,merge)and the ability to generate a clock, arpeggios, and 32 step sequences (routable to notes, CCs, NRPNs or sysex) and LEDs to indicate arp and sequencer function. And OSC support.

But that's probably not gonna happen...
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianolando ➑️
And it's (reasonably) affordable. 3,2,1, go Clavia :D
"Affordable" and "Clavia" are antonyms.
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I want an ashtray built in to the lid. And dubstep patches, thousands of them.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekto ➑️
I want an ashtray built in to the lid. And dubstep patches, thousands of them.
hahahahaha! +1000 for the ashtray
πŸ“ Reply