Quantcast
Maybe its too soon, but Minibrute or Mini MS20... ? - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Maybe its too soon, but Minibrute or Mini MS20... ?
Old 8th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnvk_0001 ➡️
if I didn't already own a Minibrute and had to choose I'd go for the MS20 without a moment's hesitation. but I still plan on adding the MS20 to my studio.
+1 but the Minibrute is worth the price alone for the cool arpeggiator. So when the MS20 becomes a bit better available over here, gonna add it to my set up too.
Old 8th July 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
minibrute of course !

one said MS-20 then another stupid says ms-20, in the end everyone has said MS-20. That's exactly the same way, always the same presidents get elected.
Well, I bought myself the minibrute, and will never thank enough Yves Husson & Arturia for having realized his idea, in such a wonderful sounding, monster OSC, nice looking & compact monosynth. This one is going to be a classic synth, while the MS-20 already is !
Go ahead sell your minibrutes or snob them, in 10 years or before I guess, you'll kill to have one for a far higher price.
You always want what you have not. You'd rather be playing what you have rather than fantasmize about new upcoming gear. Or maybe, you're not musicians, but failures?
The MS-20 sounds great but looks cheap, small keys, and is more expensive than minibrute. Anyway they cannot be compared. But I bet noone can beat the **** out of a minibrute here, so imagine how you'll underuse a MS-20...
Minibrute was a generous, imaginative, risky initiative, meant for mainstream to be able to buy a monosynth, and still people criticize it, that pisses me off.
It has an incredible palette of sounds & above all a pure spirit, something that you cannot see.
Old 8th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by midicontrol ➡️
one said MS-20 then another stupid says ms-20, in the end everyone has said MS-20. That's exactly the same way, always the same presidents get elected.
You'd wish your presidents had the quality and reputation of the MS-20.

I think the MiniBrute sales will be hurt by the MS-20 but still plenty will be sold. After all, it's a really different sounding synthesizer and the next big competitor is in the shops is the SubPhatty. So if you already have an MS-20 and your gearlust still isn't over (happens to some people) you can choose between a 400 or a 1000 dollar synth. 400 is like an impulse buy, a 1000 isn't.
Old 10th July 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Both are fantastic and very different ! They complement each other. Both are difficult to tame also.
Old 28th July 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slujj vohaul ➡️
i meant to ask the same thing yesterday. I currently own a minibrute and love it, but the ms-20 has me drooling.

Seriously considering selling the brute for ~ $400 on ebay and getting the ms-20. I can't justify having two monosynths, nor do i have the real estate in my modest setup. The lack of arpeggiator kind of sucks, but all the other pros make up for it and then some.
keep the brute....
Old 28th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by midicontrol ➡️
Both are fantastic and very different ! They complement each other. Both are difficult to tame also.
I consider the MB as one of the simplest and straightforward synths to learn and to get quick results. MS20 is not so difficult either until you get to explore the patch panel.
Old 30th January 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
hey, i had rabies last year, don't know why... i'm all right now !
All synths are great !
📝 Reply