Quantcast
Juno 60 Minerva extra sliders hardware mod - is it possible? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Juno 60 Minerva extra sliders hardware mod - is it possible?
Old 25th January 2013
Juno 60 Minerva extra sliders hardware mod - is it possible?

I understand that the Minerva mod adds another LFO and an ASR filter envelope. Is it possible to add extra sliders or pots to control all these extra things you get with Minerva?
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I just installed Minerva.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you'd need extra hardware. It's fairly intuitive. All you need to do is memorize the 'page 2' settings and away you go; or keep a 1 page cheat sheet close at hand. The only thing you might have trouble remembering is the LFO wave shapes and their routing.

However, you can control any of the new parameters with MIDI CC, so any MIDI controller with assignable sliders could serve your purpose.

I built a template for it on a Novation Remote SL just in case I'd ever need it.
Old 25th January 2013
Cool. Any issues with the filter yet? I've seen quite a few people reporting problem with the resolution of the filter dropping. There's another thread on it.
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 ➡️
Cool. Any issues with the filter yet? I've seen quite a few people reporting problem with the resolution of the filter dropping. There's another thread on it.
I haven't noticed anything, but I haven't had a ton of time with it yet either. I will say that the Minerva mod is a little quirky. But I have JP6 with Europa and it's quirky too. It's mainly the midi sync that's weird, but it seems like that's always weird, regardless of the synth.

Quirks and all, considering what it adds I think it's well worth it. The extra filter envelope is good but the extra routable/syncable LFO is excellent.

Again, don't worry about extra hardware. Just memorize page 2 functions. For Europa I need to reference the cheat sheet pretty often. Minerva is much simpler.
📝 Reply