Quantcast
Juno 60.. how far away is it from TAL U-NO-LX2? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Juno 60.. how far away is it from TAL U-NO-LX2?
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubheadjobby ➑️
whats pc.
this i be find wat poepoel use as excus to be so rude as they ire release from obligation to be anything but selfish self

you the rude superoir as i see all you thread just putdown thisd and that but never o giver back to anyone or onything
Its rude to give electronic music production the image of a morons occupation.. And related forums the image of moron gathering places.
Threads like theese breth so much stupidity that it hurts.

But sorry that it made me angry
i know a lost cause to fight reality..

GOOD THING.. igot reminded to buy the tal plug in.. of cause it donts sounds like the real thing..not much closer than any plug.. but it has the same layout and functionality.. a good emu to compose or replace juno lines on stage.. great work well worth buying..

But to judge the real thing after a plug? allways a

thats like going to mc donalds asia week to judge about thai food..

moronic
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I think the Tal is a beautiful sounding synthesizer.
I sold my Juno when I got this as I found I could get at least 95% of the same sounds, possibly more
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne_kerr ➑️
I think the Tal is a beautiful sounding synthesizer.
I sold my Juno when I got this as I found I could get at least 95% of the same sounds, possibly more
And you will regret it once you learned about the quality of analog synth magic..

There is a reason the original is so high in demand again.. finally all the newbs got it that the plug in synth dont gets above a certain level.

So a bit late for "95%" emulation myth..95% within the limitations of a plug in..

In regards of analog magic sounds its the typical 0-15%

And the ju60 is a synth that gives plenty of these analog magic moments
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioconsult ➑️
But to judge the real thing after a plug? allways a

thats like going to mc donalds asia week to judge about thai food..

moronic
What a great evidence that he still didn't get what I asked and wrote.
Embarrassing.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubheadjobby ➑️

why is u so rude an polute thred with you nonsenswe.
someone asking advise but get you rudeness an mayeb not come hear becos u eliteness always be picking on the less learner becusea you must b e the king
You just gotta ignore this dude, i did a long time ago and my GS experience has been much better. If we all ignore this idiot, he will (hopefully) go away. Click his name, and press IGNORE. There is no point to argue with him.
DSK
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I have both a 106 and a JP-8 and the plug does remind me of them (the filter and envelopes).

Do they sound identical? Not really.
Does the plug sound damn good. Yes it does.

Nothing will ever come close to hardware and no hardware will ever come close to software.

So to get back to your question.
It does come close and will inspire you to make good music.

Off to play with TAL again thanks for reminding me of this great emu!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch ➑️
What a great evidence that he still didn't get what I asked and wrote.
Embarrassing.
I got that you doubt that a juno is warm enough for you because a plug in sounds hard.. therefore the thread question..

What would you think about somebody that tells you such a story?

And have you tried a real juno by now? is it too hard or "cold"?
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've always been a bit tempted to buy a juno. Love its punchy bold sound. Might check out the demo myself.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Just check some youtube clips and you'll hear what it does. If that's what you're after and only analogue quality will do, go buy one. You won't hear how good it sounds but you'll get the character of it. Trying some plugin emulation sounds inferior even to youtube crap quality. It is not harsh. And if you engage the chorus it is the exact opposite of harsh. It's 100% lovely.
Old 29th January 2013
On owning the real thing you pay for the subtleties. If you can't afford it the plug can do for many people. We can all fight for owning the real thing but people's budgets are their budgets. I think there should be no argument though that the real Juno offers harmonics that just aren't there in the plug in. The plug in gets you close though. As long as people don't go around bragging that the plug sounds exactly the same there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee ➑️
dont
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Re: the 60 vs 106. I currently have both and would say that to me the difference is the sub osc. It sounds more 'square' on my 106 and a little more 'sharp' on my 60. Other than that, and the feature differences, I think they're very close. Note: that's the difference I hear on MY Junos, your results my vary.

I haven't tried the VSTi plugin. But I have used the free Tal chorus plugin and it's nowhere near the real thing, not even close.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
the software does have some of the character of the juno and I applaud them for that. Even the PWM implementation has a little bit of the juno character. It's still not going to get you that last 15%. The Juno 6/60 seems like a simple synth but there's a lot to consider... the chorus, the DCO behavior, mild distortions, noise etc. I don't think anyone would mistake the demo below for a plugin. Not to mention it's one hardware synth you want to have. It's ultra reliable, easy to use, and instantly gratifying.. musical is the term people use and they're right.

Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veck ➑️
As always a nice contribution from audioinsult...

it's amazing how nice the ignore button is...if you don't like his posts (which are usually pretty inflammatory) then just place him on your ignore list.

no harm done to anyone
Old 1st February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I've had all the Junos at one time or another. They're not really my favourite synth but I still have an MKS-7 in the rack. My take? The TAL software is very close. Patrick's done an amazing job. Some minor differences with sounds on max attack but for pad type sounds, I'd say it's extremely close.

Oh, and in agreement with some other posters, none of the Junos I've had in the same model have sounded exactly alike. A bit like the 101s I've owned.
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I never used the Juno it's supposed to emulate, but as a thing of its own , it's one of the nicest and most musical softsynths i own. As soon as i start playing it, melodies, chords start just flowing... Very inspiring.
Old 1st February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman ➑️
I never used the Juno it's supposed to emulate, but as a thing of its own , it's one of the nicest and most musical softsynths i own. As soon as i start playing it, melodies, chords start just flowing... Very inspiring.
Agreed.
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I prefer the Hollowsun Juno sampled synth as it uses real analogue Osc and Chorus Osc - great sound.
Old 12th February 2019
Here for the gear

Hey I have happily (obsessively actually) used the TAL plugin for years on countless productions and I just recently purchased an actual Juno 106. One key thing beyond sound to take into effect is functionality. I find I use the plugin to set up patches with little to no parameter changes and I rarely automate more than one parameter at a time - with the 106 I can do things like control the LFO and rate with two fingers while playing, etc. I also have noticed that the patches I create on the 106 vs the plugin are entirely different. For example I tend to make more pads one the plugin and more leads, basses and risers on the actual synth. Just my two cents! Love Juno's.
Old 12th February 2019
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I have tested the TAL Juno V2 plugin chorus against my Juno 6. To me it’s obvious which one is which but you take a guess.

Juno chorus: TAL-U-NO-LX V2 vs Juno-6 - Clyp
πŸ“ Reply