Quantcast
DSI Prophet 12 - Page 98 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DSI Prophet 12
Old 17th July 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I made this little doodle last night using the new unison modes.

All P12 with some reverb, sampled drums

https://soundcloud.com/howlyo/7-16-15-1
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerby derb ➑️
I made this little doodle last night using the new unison modes.

All P12 with some reverb, sampled drums

Strange, I don't see the link in the post, yet when I quote it, it's clearly there. Nice doodle! You really have a knack for making that resonance sound juicy.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing ➑️
Strange, I don't see the link in the post, yet when I quote it, it's clearly there. Nice doodle! You really have a knack for making that resonance sound juicy.
Thank you! Yes for some reason it wasn't showing up, so I put the regular link underneath.

To me the character section really shines with the new selectable unison modes
Old 21st July 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerby derb ➑️
Thank you! Yes for some reason it wasn't showing up, so I put the regular link underneath.

To me the character section really shines with the new selectable unison modes
I've yet to try out those new unison modes as when I had the time they had already taken down that buggy os update. It's up now though, eh? I'll see if I can try it out later.
Old 22nd July 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What kind of keybed does the Prophet 12 use?

I thought it was a Fatar, but it's quite different from the Prophet 6.
the Prophet 6 is a lot more soft and buttery, where as the 12 is relatively more clackey and plastic.
Anyone else notice this?
are all Fatar keybeds made equal?

Old 22nd July 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The P6 needs a more softer and butteriery keyboard because it's a true analog synth. The P12 is mostly digital, so the keyboard needs to be more plasticier and klacky. Just more proof that anything analog is a million times better than anything digital.
Old 11th August 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Released a new song with a music video. Did loads of Prophet 12 goodness in it.

Old 12th August 2015
Deleted ca98332
really impressed with DSI customer support. Pym is on the forums responding to feedback on the regular and it's really encouraging. New OS pushes the delays closer to where they were in the big linear FM update. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 12th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It's hard to keep up with the recent OS upgrades. Really excellent stuff.

Also, I've been meaning to mention this, but getting the P6 has made me appreciate the P12 all the more. They are a great point/counterpoint to one another.
Old 12th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It's hard to keep up with the recent OS upgrades. Really excellent stuff.

Also, I've been meaning to mention this, but getting the P6 has made me appreciate the P12 all the more. They are a great point/counterpoint to one another.
Old 12th August 2015
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
At first I was all, "New unison modes? So what?" Then it hit me. LAYERS! Fun. Turned a crappy "All Powerful Prophet" preset into something really fun with a split.

Also, I now have a perfectly working delay!
Old 14th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This might shock some people but I sold my Prophet VS to get a Prophet 12 and am pretty happy that I did. Just what I was looking for in a new synth. I just wish I had more time to play with it.
Deleted ca98332
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNerell ➑️
This might shock some people but I sold my Prophet VS to get a Prophet 12 and am pretty happy that I did. Just what I was looking for in a new synth. I just wish I had more time to play with it.
I've heard this through two different sources now, really inspiring that you've picked one up! Can't wait to hear what you create with it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted ca98332 ➑️
I've heard this through two different sources now, really inspiring that you've picked one up! Can't wait to hear what you create with it.
Thanks, me too. Between the Prophet 12 and a friend of mine giving me his Kyma system on long term loan I have a lot of work cut out for me, but it should be fun. Looking forward to seeing where this takes me.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Both great synths. I would love to own a VS but hesitate over repair if something breaks as I understand there is some unobtanium in there. I ended up buying a Poly Evolver instead of a VS for that reason (not the same animal, I acknowledge, but there is some shared DNA).
Old 14th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Haven't really used mine since they changed the triangle. Gonna sell it
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillytc ➑️
Both great synths. I would love to own a VS but hesitate over repair if something breaks as I understand there is some unobtanium in there.
Yep, that's why I sold it. It'd a great sounding synth but was getting a bit long in the tooth, plus I never really liked the interface that much. I'm not interested anymore in having a synth museum, time for some new stuff.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yep, that's why I sold it. It'd a great sounding synth but was getting a bit long in the tooth, plus I never really liked the interface that much. I'm not interested anymore in having a synth museum, time for some new stuff.
Yeah - zero knobs (other than master volume and L/R balance) and one slider is a poor cousin to the knobgasm that is the Pro 12. Once the DX-7 hit and sold like crazy it took like 20 years before synth designers figured out that interface was crap. I hear you on "synth museum".

Still, a truly classic and awesome instrument. I was 16 when it came out, owned my first synth - a used Prophet 600 bought relatively cheaply because the DX7 was already taking over the market - and got a summer job in a music store in the accounts receivable department that summer. Even with my 10 or 15% discount as an employee I couldn't afford the VS but I played it every day at lunch all summer and only girls held more interest.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorSouthshire ➑️

this is fantastic! Cant believe that no ones has commented on it...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican ➑️
Haven't really used mine since they changed the triangle. Gonna sell it
Before you do, throw the latest OS update in and give it a spin. 2 different delay flavors plus Linear FM plus a bunch of other bug fixes and nice to have features added.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfs ➑️
this is fantastic! Cant believe that no ones has commented on it...
Thanks a lot man!
Old 15th August 2015 | Show parent
F5D
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorSouthshire ➑️

Thanks for sharing, so many things in this video that I like: The music, car, city, night, lady, ice cream!
Old 18th August 2015
Deleted ca98332
this is an exciting month for Pro12 owners and fans of ambient electronic music. Loren Nerell picked one up a bit ago and just received word that another electronic music legend, and perhaps the most important artist in my life, just added it to his studio. _Really_ excited to hear what these two artists create with this instrument!!!
Old 18th August 2015
Deleted ca98332
this is an exciting month for Pro12 owners and fans of ambient electronic music. Loren Nerell picked one up a bit ago and just received word that another electronic music legend, and perhaps the most important artist in my life, just added it to his studio. _Really_ excited to hear what these two artists create with this instrument!!!
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Roach?
Old 18th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis ➑️
Roach?
Not yet, unless he picked one up in the last couple of days. I spoke with him last week, he got a prophet but it wasn't a 12, maybe soon though.
Old 18th August 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I was in a local Guitar Center the other day and they had the P12 module for $1499. Its not used either. I am super tempted. I want to sell some stuff before or if I pull the trigger on it. We'll see.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
That's a good deal
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyBakes ➑️
I was in a local Guitar Center the other day and they had the P12 module for $1499. Its not used either. I am super tempted. I want to sell some stuff before or if I pull the trigger on it. We'll see.
That is a good deal indeed.

I'm currently waiting to see if my wife gets relocated. If she does I'll have to probably sell my keyboard and buy a module instead. I might be able to make it work if I make the 12 my main MIDI controller though...
Old 19th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Are there any demos available of the linear FM mode?
πŸ“ Reply