DSI Prophet 12 - Page 61 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DSI Prophet 12
Old 6th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbelt Jones ➑️
Meh, people get offended by everything these days. I wouldn't sweat it and no need to edit because someone got the vapors for reading the "F" word.

I get the gist of what you are saying though...

P.S. @ RonF: Everytime I see you post on this thread I think you are "RichF" aka Rich Formidoni from Korg (another solid rep who posts here); because I am not always the sharpest tool in the shed, I think "How cool is it that the Korg guy is rocking DSI gear! But doesn't that piss off Korg?" And then I learn to read and see your handle is "RonF" and my intercompany synth love fest fantasies come crashing down in a heap. And then I forget all about it and then go through the same process the next time I visit the thread and see you post.
First off....your comments about RichF gave me the best laugh of my day! VERY funny. Just the idea that Korg's key USA rep is all over DSI gear, and then ranting with the "F" word about it on GS! HA! LOLLLLL!!!!

And thanks for your kind comments and a little back-up, bro. I appreciate it. I edited my original post, because its not my intention to *offend* ANYONE. Even one. But geez...still. The POINT was...to stand up for Pym. The tone towards him was getting a little thick in here. Yet I didn't wan't my implied "language" to detract from the respect and attention HE deserves. (I still think the people talking to him with a disrespectful tone deserved the "F" word)
Old 7th August 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Now that I've had more time to play with it I really have to say this synth is a freaking blast. The interface is great, so hands on and immediate. Someone said they didn't like the presets but I think they're quite good. And no, it doesn't sound like a Prophet 5 but it sounds great. I find I get more into the digital type sounds.

I contacted DSI tech support about distortion I was hearing via headphones. I tried 4 pairs of headphones and had the distortion with 3 of them. Wasn't able to get a recording of said distortion via the headphone jack or the main outs, so in normal usage this won't impact me. But, if you're going to plug headphones directly into the P12 headphone amp you shouldn't use low impedance ones. Distorts badly with Ultrasone Pro 2500s (40 Ohm impedance), Sony MDR-7509 HDs (24 Ohm), and Audio-Technica ATH-M50s (38 Ohm) even with the master volume or osc levels low. Sounds great with Sennheiser HD 650s (300 Ohm) with no distortion. No distortion when I record the synth via main outs or headphone jack. I suspect this is what that guy that got his thread deleted a while back ran into.

Anyway, quibbles with the headphone amp aside, I've got a lot of flagship synths and the P12 is the most fun. Two thumbs up. Great synth!
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekohler ➑️
Any idea why we can't modulate certain things like Slop or Glide? Is this a restraint on the hardware? I'd like for everything to be accessible in the modulation matrix :[
You can't do this?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippast ➑️
There's one P12 on ebay right now with the usual 'bought it. played for 2 hours and gave up.' That seems fairly common with DSI stuff. Call me crazy but I can't imagine dropping $3k and giving up after only a matter of hours or even days.
Early days yet heh I'll pick one up for $1000 in a few weeks
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteJames ➑️
You can't do this?
Yeah...I'm not sure what else doesn't appear in the modulation matrix, but I really wanted to modulate those 2 in a patch the other day and it's not possible...most things are though.

Another thing I don't like is that if you are stacking/splitting 2 layers, are playing a chord, and hit the edit button to change the other layer sound, it completely cuts the sound out...so if you are performing you can't dynamically switch back and forth between editing layers without your current notes being cut off. :'(
Old 8th August 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Wow. I was fortunate enough to spend some time on this and I have to say its one of the best synths to my ear *plus* it's an absolute pleasure to play. The controls are very hands on and the display is nice too. It's not only beautiful to look at but beautiful to listen to. It's capable of so much. It would be hard to make bad sounds with this synth.

Now I don't have $3,000 to spend on this masterpiece however I'm totally sold on it. I think it's an absolute bargain in what you get for this price... So it's not only on my wish list but I do plan on getting this synthesizer in the next year or two... Whether I can afford it or not (I have a bad case of GAS).

But anyways I have to say to anyone who hasn't tried playing this synth... Find a Tom Lee, a buddy, whatever and just test it out for an hour. You will not be disappointed.
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
My raw and nasty opinion about DSI is that even if they released a perfect product with absolutely no flaws and contained every feature ever drempt up people would still complain about it.
Old 9th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippast ➑️
My raw and nasty opinion about DSI is that even if they released a perfect product with absolutely no flaws and contained every feature ever drempt up people would still complain about it.
By complaining, the customer got a much-needed fix on MIDI velocity that DSI's QC missed. That helps everybody.

It's great that the boutique companies are out here making us great instruments, but this stuff is not cheap and people have a right to expect a product that does everything it's advertised as doing.

My guess is that DSI's had some bad luck while working hard to innovate ...however, given the encoder failures on their early synths, followed by the Tempest issues, the company hasn't always helped their own reputation. Hope they have clearer sailing from here on out.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by percussion boy ➑️
By complaining, the customer got a much-needed fix on MIDI velocity that DSI's QC missed. That helps everybody.

It's great that the boutique companies are out here making us great instruments, but this stuff is not cheap and people have a right to expect a product that does everything it's advertised as doing.

My guess is that DSI's had some bad luck while working hard to innovate ...however, given the encoder failures on their early synths, followed by the Tempest issues, the company hasn't always helped their own reputation. Hope they have clearer sailing from here on out.

Respectfully asking about a fix is understandable, but moaning and crying fowl like an impatient dramatic 14 year old is another thing.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSooner ➑️
Now that I've had more time to play with it I really have to say this synth is a freaking blast. The interface is great, so hands on and immediate. Someone said they didn't like the presets but I think they're quite good. And no, it doesn't sound like a Prophet 5 but it sounds great. I find I get more into the digital type sounds.

I contacted DSI tech support about distortion I was hearing via headphones. I tried 4 pairs of headphones and had the distortion with 3 of them. Wasn't able to get a recording of said distortion via the headphone jack or the main outs, so in normal usage this won't impact me. But, if you're going to plug headphones directly into the P12 headphone amp you shouldn't use low impedance ones. Distorts badly with Ultrasone Pro 2500s (40 Ohm impedance), Sony MDR-7509 HDs (24 Ohm), and Audio-Technica ATH-M50s (38 Ohm) even with the master volume or osc levels low. Sounds great with Sennheiser HD 650s (300 Ohm) with no distortion. No distortion when I record the synth via main outs or headphone jack. I suspect this is what that guy that got his thread deleted a while back ran into.

Anyway, quibbles with the headphone amp aside, I've got a lot of flagship synths and the P12 is the most fun. Two thumbs up. Great synth!
That makes a lot of sense. I bet that is the cause of the distortion complaints.
Old 13th August 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Still skeptical of the P12's sound, INHALT did some great demos but largely a lot of the stuff I'm hearing lacks bass and thickness. I know this is what I first thought when I heard the P8, I thought it was too bright, harsh and that's partially true with curtis filters but the P8 *CAN* sound thick and dark and bottom heavy and I love the sound.

But with the P12 I'm just not hearing much bottom end mojo, I'm not asking for it to sound like a Moog on the low end or be a dubstep synth (ew) but so far I'm just feeling like it's lacking that mmmph factor.

And I hope I'm wrong because the specs and the features just make me want to buy it and have intimate moments with it.
Old 13th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyspacecadet ➑️
Still skeptical of the P12's sound, INHALT did some great demos but largely a lot of the stuff I'm hearing lacks bass and thickness. I know this is what I first thought when I heard the P8, I thought it was too bright, harsh and that's partially true with curtis filters but the P8 *CAN* sound thick and dark and bottom heavy and I love the sound.

But with the P12 I'm just not hearing much bottom end mojo,
Having really dug in to my new P12 over the past 2 weeks, as well as being a long time owner of: PEK, Tempest, and Tetra... I would say that I both agree and disagree with aspects of your perception.

Straight out...the P12 can produce deep, powerful, thick, subsonic bass...no doubt. I must say that the factory presets, for me, did not illustrate this to the degree that I would have expected it to. In fact, it wasn't until I (learned the secret key combo of latch1 plus hold) first created a "default patch"....and with *one* unmodulated saw oscillator I instantly heard the more a-typical DSI low end. Still...its not as raw and "throaty" as the P08 sound (full disclosure: for me, referencing the Tetra more-so...though I have played the P08 many times). At the very lowest register (transposing the keyboard down at least an octave), the P12 doesn't hold that slow saw wave "tap-tap-tap" as strongly as the P08 sound. Mind you...that is just using one otherwise unaffected oscillator.

BUT....when you start to tweak a patch on the P12...you have some very important tools at your disposal which can turn it into a bass monster pretty quickly. Girth matters! Layering some of the purely digital waveforms into an otherwise saw osc patch (like "buzzz" in particular) really thickens it up. The 4pole filter can definitely bring in some subsonic tones (as will some subtle feedback), and subtle use of the drive parameter is a bass booster for sure. I haven't even added distortion yet. So have no doubt...the P12 can produce ooodles of bass.

But I agree...its a different sound at the raw oscillator. The P08 (and its siblings) have a signature sound in the lower register on a raw saw oscillator. It can sound very, well, RAW. The P12 saw osc gets pretty raw down there (sounds like syphilis!)...but just doesn't hold its raw-ness as you progress down the lowest register. I would say that it loses amplitude with each progressive key downward under C1.

Now...having said all that...the P08 "signature sound" that *I* love, is pretty much THAT low end saw power. Otherwise, I find the P08 a bit limiting. On the contrary...the P12 is wildly inspirational and capable of soooo many *other* textures.

A lot of comments have been made about the P12's factory presets being disappointing...and I THINK that a bunch of that perception comes from those who want to hear a bigger better P08 bass patch. Well....as I said previously....I don't think there is a preset that really showcases that type of sound. Perhaps DSI would have been wise to program that type of patch, and make it the first or second program in bank 1!

But otherwise, the factory preset patches really do showcase some inspirational textures, and some deep programming. I just think they could have gone further in the presets...in particular in programming some more advanced modulations using the mod wheel (which is almost always programmed in every preset patch to simple pitch mod) and with the two touch and pressure sliders (which is almost always programmed in every preset patch to LPF freq and res). They could also have gone MUCH further with programming creative delays and mod effects with the truly awesome delay section. Most presets have a basic slap back delay, so the overall sound of the unit is a bit dry out of the box. Magic happens, however, when modulating the 4 taps in real time, and it really changes the sonic character of the entire unit. But perhaps they were thinking of the hard coded presets as "starting places" for us end users, and left some meat on the bone for us to have fun with.

Which brings me to another point...I now think of the P12 more like my Euro rack modular rig, as opposed to a P08 or typical keyboard synth. The beauty is really in the exploration, and the mod routings...in particular the possible textures in the oscillator department, modulated by loop-able envelopes, etc.

Lastly....lets talk about "warmth". That's a great adjective, which of course means different things to different people. So take my comments with the bias of my own ears....but.... The P08 sound is raw and deep, but not particularly warm to my ears. Its more buzzy (in a good way!). You can play a note way down the register, and hear that saw wave cycling VERY SLOOOOWLLLLYYYYYY, each tap of the saw hitting with solid meaty power. I love that sound!

Then there's the PEK. The PEK has the "warmest" sound of them all to my ears. Not only do we have truly analog oscillators.....but the hard stereo signal path really brings the sound of the PEK to a well rounded creamy warmth. Its more of a vintage "analog warmth" that I would expect from an OBX or the like. Sure...the digital side of the PEK can bring shrill and bell-like textures....but on those purposefully analog patches.....PEK wins for creamy analog warmth (which is NOT the same thing at all in my mind as P08's raw bass power).

And finally we have P12....which I think is somewhere in the middle. I hear VERY warm "tube-like" tones frequently when playing the patches. Playing with girth, slop, and the sub-osc in particular can bring these tone's to life. Take a preset patch like P1-5 Gossamer Touch, and tweak it very subtly with Girth and slop, and that pad is WARM as hell to my ears. Very Mesa Boogie tube warmth!

In the end, each of the aforementioned synths have a clearly different sound signature. The P12 is not a wholesale replacement for a P08. If that is the distinct sound that you are after...only the P08 (or its siblings) will give you that exact signature sound. The P12 is just something else altogether, and its much more dynamic in sound character and synth architecture than the P08.

FWIW...the PEK remains a flagship monster in my studio. Its much more diverse (sonically) than either the P08 or P12....yet the P12 keeps growing on me, as I explore deeper and deeper. Then again, the Evolver series has had years and years of patch creation and user exploration of every nook and cranny. I am willing to bet the P12 will see a similar evolution over a period of years.

P12 is VERY much of the same experience as my euro-rack modular rig. You get a few oscillator modules and some filters and what-not. Directly those oscillators and filters sound ok, maybe even meh....but its patching it altogether in interesting ways and carefully finding the *subtleties* of micro knob tweaks which can draw out unforeseen textures which make you go WOW. That, for me, describes the P12. I never felt this with the P08. Rather, the P08 has a distinct sound, which I love. But THAT sound, is what the P08 "does" (and does very well). The P12 is FAR more limitless!
Old 13th August 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
RonF, thanks for the writeup! Appreciate that insight a lot.

If you're ever playing around and feel like recording it, I'd love to hear some of your sounds, particularly on the darker side of things.

I guess what I'm saying is - perhaps - the whole valve vs solid state amp thing, there's something about that older, more vintagey analogue tone I love, even my Korg MS20 mini impresses me - it's not as 'solid / deep' as my former Moog Slim Phatty but it sounds kinda vintage-y in a way that's pleasing to my ears and it's unpredictable at times, especially when you find all the sweet spots in the filters. Obviously this isn't a fair comparison because they're different kinds of animals, just trying to illustrate what I mean by example. Like, I find, with even silly freeby VST synths that, once they go into Slate Digital VTM or some saturation plugs, they come alive, I don't like sterile sounds and at some cases the P12 sounds a little sterile and techy/plastic-y and in other demos (very few) I can hear some lovely analogue warmth.

I hope that makes some sense :D

I have to order one specifically - there aren't any demo models in stores in my area let alone this country so I'm obviously being very cash concious here.

Thanks again.
Old 13th August 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I do understand your descriptions. I have to say....the P12 first hand really sounds nothing much like any of the youtube video demos I have heard. I too watched intensely before dropping the cash on the P12. I was dubious, owning seemingly "enough" DSI gear already! But something about the concept of the synth design caused me to pull the trigger...and I am not the least bit disappointed that I did!

However....I am not one of those guys who (at least not intentionally) rally's behind every piece of gear that I buy, as if criticizing it somehow means *I* made some mistake! Rather...I have so much gear over the years that I feel I can draw balanced conclusions about what I like, and what I don't. I would be the first one to say, that when I very first plugged in the P12, I was surprised by it. Both positively AND negatively! I too was expecting that classic DSI P08 analog punch....but heard something very different! The presets at first let me down a bit....more-so because I had a preconceived notion about what to expect....and I was not finding it. In my case, however, the more I messed around with the synth, the more it "spoke to me". I found a different character that I truly like....it really is different than the P08! Where you might call the P08 a "bread and butter" synth, I would call the P12 more "experimental".

I wouldn't call the P12 particularly "vintage" sounding. Sure, it can emulate it. But it really has a cleaner sheen than that. But I do find that it has remarkable dynamics, and this can be characterized as the kind of presence and unpredictable personality that you're describing by talking about using saturation plugins. P12 is full of that kind of personality.

If I get a chance I can try to record some stuff and put it up on my sound cloud page. At this point I am merely playing with it....learning the lay of the land...and have not begun to use it in any projects as of yet. I have no doubt it will become the centerpiece of a few of my projects however. I don't do youtube videos, myself. But what I would really like to see, if I was going to do one, is someone who is sitting and tweaking/programming/modulating a patch or three...take their time and see the nuances of how it can sound. That is where the magic is.
Old 13th August 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
The more I hear about how far away it can get from the typical, the more I can't wait for mine to arrive!
Old 14th August 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It doesn't sound like any of the other dsi synths...so if you don't like dsi synths give the prophet 12 a chance.

Yes, it can do bass fine
Old 14th August 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I like the Prophet12, but I still prefer my Virus TI2 if I had to only have one. Not trying to find a reason to bring the Virus into this, but it's the only other real poly synth I have. That's really what I can compare it to. I'm still trying to get used to it's sound. Doesn't sound as lush as I wanted it to though. Then again...how many lush synths do you need? Haha.... I think it has a good tone for stabs and such. I wouldn't get rid of it though. They really compliment each other very well. I've been pretty much done with buying synths since my purchase of this one. It can get pretty punchy! It really has its own character, doesn't sound like anything else that I know of.
Old 14th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
RonF nailed my feelings on it as well. It's a synth that demands attention, but you are rewarded with really pretty amazing results if you put the programming time in.

I don't think it has the same appeal as the some of the other DSI offerings, the digital oscillators have their own flavor, and you have to consider that aspect when patch building, but you can find some pretty marvelous places and timbres that are rare birds indeed.

My advice, as with most DSI instruments is to init patch like no tomorrow and learn what's really all under the hood. Making chorus and flange out of the delay lines + lfos, as an example. Modulation is king on this thing, and it can bring out life you might've not expected otherwise.
Old 14th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlights ➑️
I like the Prophet12, but I still prefer my Virus TI2 if I had to only have one. Not trying to find a reason to bring the Virus into this, but it's the only other real poly synth I have. That's really what I can compare it to. I'm still trying to get used to it's sound. Doesn't sound as lush as I wanted it to though. Then again...how many lush synths do you need? Haha.... I think it has a good tone for stabs and such. I wouldn't get rid of it though. They really compliment each other very well. I've been pretty much done with buying synths since my purchase of this one. It can get pretty punchy! It really has its own character, doesn't sound like anything else that I know of.
I fully understand your comments....but I'm not sure its a fair comparison. I have the TI2 Polar keyboard, and absolutely love it. But in reference to "lush-ness"....is it really fair to compare when the Virus has such a comprehensive digital effects section?, in particular the reverb which is one of the best lush verbs on ANY synth, all of which is such a fundamental part of the programming architecture.....as compared to the P12 which as a 4 tap delay, period.

Have you run your P12 through some outboard effects, especially reverb? Its Lush as HELL! I run mine through either an Eventide H7600, or ITB through Valhalla Shimmer....and let me tell you....its most certainly on par with the Virus in the "lush" department....but P12 has an entirely different character than Virus. Where Virus tends, once again, to be more of a 'bread and butter' synth (though its capable of a LOT more, of course), the P12 has a more analog tone (probably due to its analog signal path elements), and its clearly more "warm" and "experimental" to my ears. Virus is wonderful, but perhaps more digital sounding (which I would think makes sense based on the specs of the two machines). And sometimes Virus hardware U.I. frustrates me, where the P12 is just a pleasure to work with, totally intuitive. Feel free to take some of my adjectives describing the sounds as my own biased ears.

All in all....I think they are two entirely different beasts, and both have a clear place in MY studio. But to say that P12 isn't as "lush" as the Virus....is, in my view, referencing its effects....which the P12 doesn't have out of the box....so of course the P12 is more dry than Virus. However....add those effects in the same manner outboard....and P12 will swim in the same lush pool as Virus.
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
All I can say is that I agree with all you say. I really do! I haven't ran it through external effects though. I only have a KP3 for that, which I don't think is the best choice for a synth with analog signal... But yeah, I wouldn't sell it or anything. I think it completes the sound I want for my music. After having this P12, I'm thinking about letting go of my Motif XF6 and doing all electronic! I don't really like having too many instruments at my disposal. Having all synths would force more creativeness I'm my opinion!
Old 15th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Just wanted to add - With all those delay lines at your disposal, all you need is an LFO assignment to make chorus and flange effects, it's pretty awesome where you can take this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF ➑️
I fully understand your comments....but I'm not sure its a fair comparison. I have the TI2 Polar keyboard, and absolutely love it. But in reference to "lush-ness"....is it really fair to compare when the Virus has such a comprehensive digital effects section?, in particular the reverb which is one of the best lush verbs on ANY synth, all of which is such a fundamental part of the programming architecture.....as compared to the P12 which as a 4 tap delay, period.

Have you run your P12 through some outboard effects, especially reverb? Its Lush as HELL! I run mine through either an Eventide H7600, or ITB through Valhalla Shimmer....and let me tell you....its most certainly on par with the Virus in the "lush" department....but P12 has an entirely different character than Virus. Where Virus tends, once again, to be more of a 'bread and butter' synth (though its capable of a LOT more, of course), the P12 has a more analog tone (probably due to its analog signal path elements), and its clearly more "warm" and "experimental" to my ears. Virus is wonderful, but perhaps more digital sounding (which I would think makes sense based on the specs of the two machines). And sometimes Virus hardware U.I. frustrates me, where the P12 is just a pleasure to work with, totally intuitive. Feel free to take some of my adjectives describing the sounds as my own biased ears.

All in all....I think they are two entirely different beasts, and both have a clear place in MY studio. But to say that P12 isn't as "lush" as the Virus....is, in my view, referencing its effects....which the P12 doesn't have out of the box....so of course the P12 is more dry than Virus. However....add those effects in the same manner outboard....and P12 will swim in the same lush pool as Virus.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just want to butt in and comment about thick low end on poly synths... it's too easy to overload the spectrum when playing chords and it turns to poop real quick.

In my experience, big bass is best left to analogue mono synths with a poly rounding out the mids and top end...
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_KPX ➑️
I just want to butt in and comment about thick low end on poly synths... it's too easy to overload the spectrum when playing chords and it turns to poop real quick.

In my experience, big bass is best left to analogue mono synths with a poly rounding out the mids and top end...
Are you saying poly synths shouldn't be analog?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlights ➑️
Are you saying poly synths shouldn't be analog?
not at all, I'm saying that too much bass end on a poly synth isn't beneficial if you're using it as a polysynth (chords, pads/strings etc)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_KPX ➑️

I'm sorry, but that is a playing issue and not a mono/poly synth issue.

A poly is nothing more than multiple mono synths, anyway.

Sure if you play a chord in the lower register it will sound like mud crap. that's why you play the bass melody 2 octaves or an octave below the chord sequence... I have heard plenty of poly synths that have bass to compete with mono synths. Again - a poly synth is nothing more than multiple mono synths stacked on eachother, so I disagree with your opinion.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrok ➑️
I'm sorry, but that is a playing issue and not a mono/poly synth issue.

A poly is nothing more than multiple mono synths, anyway.

Sure if you play a chord in the lower register it will sound like mud crap. that's why you play the bass melody 2 octaves or an octave below the chord sequence... I have heard plenty of poly synths that have bass to compete with mono synths. Again - a poly synth is nothing more than multiple mono synths stacked on eachother, so I disagree with your opinion.
No need to be sorry, we all come at music and synths from different angles... that's why some people like the P12, others don't.

There is plenty of choice out there either way. I prefer the JP6 and Nord Modular for poly duties personally.
Old 15th August 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
On a side note, does the delay 'degrade' over time like a tape delay at all?

I haven't found much info on the delay itself, but either way it does sound like quite a nice analogue delay.
Old 16th August 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:

I haven't found much info on the delay itself, but either way it does sound like quite a nice analogue delay.
This little demo seems to have a lot of delay in it. See what you think:

Old 16th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm hearing a lot of Polyevolver in that demo. Very nice
Old 17th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

It sounds more like a typical digital delay, although after many taps it does start to lowpass, just not very dramatically. It's not really like an analog delay though.
πŸ“ Reply