Quantcast
Best Monitor Pair Under $1500 for EDM - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Monitor Pair Under $1500 for EDM
Old 1st April 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years

Last edited by Septik; 1st April 2013 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Realized that I already posted in this thread a few months ago, ha!
Old 28th April 2013
Deleted e71ab78
I have spent quite a while going through most of the monitors that are well regarded in this price range. My budget when I started was £800 then went up to £1200.

The monitor that came out on top by a long way was the Neumann KH120. I have the Focal cms 65 and the KH120 in my studio now and I'll be returning the cms 65, which I thought were great monitors, but listening to the KH120 is a step up.

I'd seriously recommend them for electronic music, I make techno, house, trip hop and all sorts of music where the low end representation is really important to me. I didn't think when looking at them that they'd have that bottom end but they have a deep and defined bass that is much better than the cms 65, and even after a few days of using them have improved the sound of my tracks, learning them is without doubt going to be a pleasure.

I think if your in the market for some monitors in this price bracket, don't pass on a chance to give them a listen as they sound like they should cost a lot more than what they do and represent the material in an honest and trustworthy way throughout the freq spectrum.
Old 10th June 2015
Dot
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Found this in a search, and thought it was worth updating.

For EDM, Hip-hop, R&B, Pop, in the $1500 and under range, the new APS Klasiks are killing it.

I posted a bit on them at https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11110096-post42.html
Old 15th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
is there an echo in here ^
📝 Reply