Quantcast
Akai S900 S950 users: Do your samples end up off tune? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai S900 S950 users: Do your samples end up off tune?
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Akai S900 S950 users: Do your samples end up off tune?

I've had it for a about a year; and I've always noticed, that when I sample a new sample, and play it back, it plays back just a little off tune, maybe fractions of a semi-tone lower than the original.

ie: Let's say I sample a C note from one of my synths. The S950 will play it back maybe somewhere in between B and C; just fractions of a semitone. Or, say I sample a C minor; it'll kinda play it a little lower than a C.

Anyone else get this? If so, how much fine-tuning do you usually edit the sample, to compensate and get it back to what it's supposed to be? Just wondering.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I can't say I've ever noticed anything like that with my S900.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
of cause its not supposed to do that. probably its what we call in germany a DAU problem. but also deffects are possible.. for example a damaged master keyboard that sends phantom pitch wheel data-
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Maybe I'm trippin and it's just in my head, maybe from the bit crushed high frequencies ..I'll try it again. I've had 3 diff midi controllers since I've had the S950 too.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude โžก๏ธ
I've had it for a about a year; and I've always noticed, that when I sample a new sample, and play it back, it plays back just a little off tune, maybe fractions of a semi-tone lower than the original.

ie: Let's say I sample a C note from one of my synths. The S950 will play it back maybe somewhere in between B and C; just fractions of a semitone. Or, say I sample a C minor; it'll kinda play it a little lower than a C.

Anyone else get this? If so, how much fine-tuning do you usually edit the sample, to compensate and get it back to what it's supposed to be? Just wondering.
No never noticed that

Sent from my GT-I8190
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Just send a sine wave middle C to it then play the sample back through a tuner to see the pitching.
๐Ÿ“ Reply