Quantcast
VIRUS TI - really the ''best'' nowadays synth - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VIRUS TI - really the ''best'' nowadays synth
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
It makes a difference to me, but I do agree that the Virus sounds like a pure softie in a box, IMO... Once upon a time I was a big time fanboi, but then I added analog
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I was a huge Virus fan and always though it was the $%#@!
I even started threads such as this.

As time went on I discovered my analog synths and other synths and I no longer feel that way, you know think its the #$%%. Sure it is a good synth but the competition is fierce today and the Virus no longer sounds as sexy to me as it once did.

Sylenth can sound just as big if not even better sometimes.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Thought of in the "software in a box" manner, that kinda makes the Muse Receptor and it's ilk the ULTIMATE HARDWARE SYNTH, hmm?

I have some very nice synths at home, and a few classics at the studio... My opinion is that the small Virus TI Snow has a place on my desktop until I find a similarly priced option to surpass it. I also "stole" my virus, open-box-but-unused on eBay for $760...

Also, how many other synths can you use as at least 2(analog + USB side chain) seperate but equal effects units when not using it as a synth? This is a wonderful feature of the Virus, because the effects ARE really top notch! Some of the better digital distortion algorithms I've heard!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
A week wouldn't be complete without at least one "Virus sucks/Virus rocks" thread on GS.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Well, when you have a topic called: VIRUS TI - really the ''best'' nowadays synth, you better expect some objections...
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Costwise/price comparison, is having one Virus Ti better than having:
4 ipads?
Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus Rmx and NI Komplete?
A quadrillion-core computer with megagigs of RAM?
A Voyager?
A pair of these $2000 shoes

Half-of a Solaris?
A basic modular kit?
An international plane ticket?
One mortgage payment?
Old 24th January 2013
Now the most important question in the thread is ...Where can I get those shoes?
Old 24th January 2013

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
My most favorite synthesizer I have ever owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keybdwizrd ➑️

Yeah but what others have you owned?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Forum people : something is either the worst shyt they've ever seen or the best of them all.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 ➑️
Yeah but what others have you owned?
He has a YT channel and website of demos of everything he owns: KeybdWizrd Synthesizer Music and Video Demos - YouTube
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Warning: do not go over to the NAMM '13 forum. Otherwise you might discover some shocking news: DSi Prophet 12 is now the best synthesizer of all time.

Waiting for that eBay crash on used Virii now...
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
yeah but what others have you owned?
l
m
a
o
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin moon ➑️
He has a YT channel and website of demos of everything he owns: KeybdWizrd Synthesizer Music and Video Demos - YouTube
Prophet 08
Roland JV1080
Yam Motif
Korg Micro X
Little Phatty
M3
Roland Phantom
DSI Mopho

I was measuring his judgement of what was his favorite because if someone who's owned some really big toys Pro One, Jupiter 8 ect would probably think differently than someone who hasn't, and owned a Virus. It affects what would be considered ones judgement on what a "great" synth is.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I was measuring his judgement of what was his favorite because if someone who's owned some really big toys Pro One, Jupiter 8 ect would probably think differently than someone who hasn't, and owned a Virus. It affects what would be considered ones judgement on what a "great" synth is.
No, it doesn't. It only affects your own interpretation of other people's preferences.
Old 24th January 2013
So if someone only owned a microkorg and told you they know for sure the best synthesizer of all synthesizers is a Virus, you're telling me their lack of experience with other synthesizers makes no difference? So you would trust that person's opinion?
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Virus Ti was my first synth. It's a good hardware digital synth, no doubt. I sold mine after going modular and don't miss it though. All the sounds can be replicated pretty well or better with VSTs and I just had no real use for a hardware digital synth. I could understand wanting one if you needed a hardware synth to gig with but I'm glad I sold it when I did and put that money towards other gear.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Guru

My virus TI can benchpress 200lbs
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
So if someone only owned a microkorg and told you they know for sure the best synthesizer of all synthesizers is a Virus, you're telling me their lack of experience with other synthesizers makes no difference? So you would trust that person's opinion?
No. Like I said in a previous post, when anyone says X synth is "the best synthesizer of all synthesizers" I instantly assume they do not have enough experience. Someone with enough experience will know that there is no such thing as "the best synthesizer".

Now, if someone says their favorite synth is Synth Z, it doesn't matter to me which other synths they have; if they can make good sounds with Synth Z, then it's probably a good synth. The problem is when people convince them otherwise because they insist a good synth must not sound like "Z" but it must sound like "X" or "Y". Just remember that many people panned synths like the TB-303 and the Ensoniq Fizmo because they didn't sound the way synths were supposed to.

In my opinion, there is no bad synth. There is not a single synth that cannot produce useful sounds for some type of music. All of them have something distinctive that makes them stand apart.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➑️
My virus TI can benchpress 200lbs
Mine can't...
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by keybdwizrd ➑️
I check your keyboard videos all the time, love them!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago ➑️
I check your keyboard videos all the time, love them!
and he likes the Virus TI Polar better than the Prophet '08

once again, just because it's analog doesn't mean it's better
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide ➑️

this
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
It affects what would be considered ones judgement on what a "great" synth is.
what is ones judgement worth that dont knows any proper synths? stupid internet hypes all all along
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➑️
The Virus Ti can produce an amazingly diverse sonic spectrum, heh it's a smart and very flexible Virus, that can morph itself very well. imho. it does not have a specific sound character. Which I think is what you are implying. Maybe it does if one sticks to the same old presets it ships with

Lots of programming/sound design power under the hood

I wonder if Access will make something new this year ?

All synths are different. Those differences affect the sound. Yep, they can sound the same (sort of), but like anything they will be strong at certain things (lots as you say when you have a flexible synth).

I guess Access are happy with what they have and are carefully considering their next move....

Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide ➑️

With the patches by LFO, the Prophet 08 becomes an amazing sounding machine. Plus Neon Indian uses it, that's all I care about.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Guru

I love my prophet but it doesnt sound better than my virus, just different..l honestly dont get the analogue digital argument, i dont get the software hardware argument either...i think most if what i own sounds great...or id sell it heh

Btw just bought tronto for kontakt two nights ago..around $45...excellent, i like samples just as much as well
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago ➑️
With the patches by LFO, the Prophet 08 becomes an amazing sounding machine. Plus Neon Indian uses it, that's all I care about.
LFO is part of the reason why I want a Prophet 08. I feel like the Prophet 12 might not be the sound I need. I'll have to wait and see more demos.
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlights ➑️
LFO is part of the reason why I want a Prophet 08. I feel like the Prophet 12 might not be the sound I need. I'll have to wait and see more demos.
His patches are ridiculous, they are so much better than the stock patches.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
One of my favorites from him.

πŸ“ Reply