Old 12th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It's always great to watch the Sonicstate review

https://youtu.be/AWV3N7TOVjc
Old 12th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I've been using a Virus TI desktop for about a month now (got one for a reasonable price second hand) and I don't think I've played single sound on the Blofeld since then. It's just a joy to program the Virus from the knobs and most importantly it's reliable. Even with all the OS updates on the Blofeld it can still crap itself when doing something as simple as changing the envelope for the amp (changes don't take effect for one reason or another).

Though I must say I'm not the biggest fan of the Virus' filter character.
Old 14th March 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I have a question i hope someone can answer..i have been spending hours on this Configuration. I have a RedSound DarkStar Desktop Synth.. I have it Out L/R into the Virus Ti2 Inputs L/R..I have it in Muti Mode. I went to Config settings and enabled or turned up the Audio input level and i get sound..No problems..but i want to use the Virus Ti2 effects as well..I turned the Delay on and i hear nothing...how can i use the effects in the Virus Ti2 to effect my External Gear...Please help..

Thanks in advance..
Attached Thumbnails
VIRUS TI - really the ''best'' nowadays synth-20150304_171521.jpg  
Old 15th March 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton ➑️
I have a question i hope someone can answer..i have been spending hours on this Configuration. I have a RedSound DarkStar Desktop Synth.. I have it Out L/R into the Virus Ti2 Inputs L/R..I have it in Muti Mode. I went to Config settings and enabled or turned up the Audio input level and i get sound..No problems..but i want to use the Virus Ti2 effects as well..I turned the Delay on and i hear nothing...how can i use the effects in the Virus Ti2 to effect my External Gear...Please help..

Thanks in advance..
i believe you may need to set input mode to static and possibly trigger the input channel with a midi message.

I had a Darkstar years ago and sometimes regret selling it...I enjoyed that box, RCA outs and all!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee ➑️
I don't understand why they are so expensive?
Maybe part of it is build quality?

Whether or not someone likes the Virus sound, people rarely if ever seem to complain about the TI getting sick.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I went to Config settings and enabled or turned up the Audio input level and i get sound..No problems..but i want to use the Virus Ti2 effects as well..I turned the Delay on and i hear nothing...how can i use the effects in the Virus Ti2 to effect my External Gear...Please help..

Thanks in advance..
"Input Thru" in Config settings is just that - it passes the input signal straight to output 1. Leave it at 0. To use the FX, you should dedicate one of the parts of your Multi to processing input. If you select input mode=static, you don't need to trigger any MIDI notes. When input mode is "dynamic", the audio is gated by MIDI notes. In either case, it goes through the filters, saturation and FX block of the selected part. Hope this helps.

A little self-promotion, hopefully relevant here since this thread is about Virus TI's greatness - the track in my sig has a sound from Virus TI, routed to one of the sub-outputs, back into the inputs and processed by the atomizer. How cool is that?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreg ➑️
"Input Thru" in Config settings is just that - it passes the input signal straight to output 1. Leave it at 0. To use the FX, you should dedicate one of the parts of your Multi to processing input. If you select input mode=static, you don't need to trigger any MIDI notes. When input mode is "dynamic", the audio is gated by MIDI notes. In either case, it goes through the filters, saturation and FX block of the selected part. Hope this helps.

A little self-promotion, hopefully relevant here since this thread is about Virus TI's greatness - the track in my sig has a sound from Virus TI, routed to one of the sub-outputs, back into the inputs and processed by the atomizer. How cool is that?
Thanks for your quick response Boreg....i will try that and give you my feedback shortly..i really hope i can get this to work...for this unit is expensive and i want to take advantage of all the features..

Last edited by rhampton; 15th March 2015 at 12:34 PM..
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBomber ➑️
i believe you may need to set input mode to static and possibly trigger the input channel with a midi message.

I had a Darkstar years ago and sometimes regret selling it...I enjoyed that box, RCA outs and all!
yes that Darkstar is quite unique in it's own way..I have to admit. i had it on eBay and then i cancelled ad cause i liked it too much to part with so i decided to keep. it's a nice compliment to the Virus Ti2..Thanks for your Reply also on the Input settings..I tried that and altho i do get sound,,i'm still not getting the effects like delay and reverb to work....i'll keep trying,,sometimes hand's on and tweaking settings is sometimes what works...
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
yes that Darkstar is quite unique in it's own way..I have to admit. i had it on eBay and then i cancelled ad cause i liked it too much to part with so i decided to keep. it's a nice compliment to the Virus Ti2..Thanks for your Reply also on the Input settings..I tried that and altho i do get sound,,i'm still not getting the effects like delay and reverb to work....i'll keep trying,,sometimes hand's on and tweaking settings is sometimes what works...
I would shoot access an email to their support and make em work for their money. Report back here when resolved plz. I'm curious about this .
Old 15th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't think it's necessary to contact support, it must be something simple.

Let's start with making sure none of the parts in your Multi are processing incoming audio (input mode=Off, rather than Static, Dynamic or Atomizer). With input thru=0 in Config menu, you should not be hearing the input signal coming out of the Virus, at all. You may turn it up to make sure the Virus is receiving a nice healthy signal, but then turn it back to 0.

Now pick a part in your Multi and set it to the init patch. Go to Edit - Input and select input mode=Static. Now you should hear the input signal going through the selected part's filters and FX. Try closing the filter or adding delay/reverb to make sure it affects the input.

Last edited by boreg; 15th March 2015 at 04:23 PM..
Old 16th March 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Took a break on the technical side of learning....lol...and decide to enjoy and finish my project..I call this "Tribe Space Pop"...
this is with the Access Virus Ti2, Electribe 2 & the RedSound DarkStar...i hope you like...
Old 22nd March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I hated mine when i didn't know how to make sounds, so i sold it.
Today i would give my left ball to own one again.
Old 22nd March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybay ➑️
I hated mine when i didn't know how to make sounds, so i sold it.
Today i would give my left ball to own one again.
Well, I wouldn't go that far......but yes, you need to know synthesis pretty well or be fine with the presets to really get a lot out of it.
Old 26th March 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I decided to Redo & Repost this Video again. I was not satisfied with the Results so here is the Edited version...

hope you enjoy..

Old 26th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i just came in here to say that the op made me very happy, cause ppl now see how superior the mv8800 is to the mpc. wich they didnt when it launched.
that was all.
Old 5th April 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Here is another project i'm working on, it's called "Shaloin Kung Fu"
All done on the
Access Virus Ti2
RedSound DarkStar
Electribe Emx2

I hope you all enjoy

Old 11th April 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Another Dark Ambient Creation on the Virus Ti2...This was all done on the Virus...All sounds are coming from the Virus only..

Hope you enjoy.

Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
on the wish list
Old 19th April 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
This is sort of a Dark Ambient Horror FX Composition...I hope you all like...

Old 27th April 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I call this "Puzzle Me Midi"

I hope you all enjoy...

Old 27th April 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life ➑️
I've been using a Virus TI desktop for about a month now (got one for a reasonable price second hand) and I don't think I've played single sound on the Blofeld since then. It's just a joy to program the Virus from the knobs and most importantly it's reliable. Even with all the OS updates on the Blofeld it can still crap itself when doing something as simple as changing the envelope for the amp (changes don't take effect for one reason or another).

Though I must say I'm not the biggest fan of the Virus' filter character.
That was me too. I fell in love with the wavetables. So nice. Modulation options and effects, all great. The oscs aliased a bit, but not too bad. But the filters... something about them bugged me and after a while I couldn't figure out why I should keep a synth that I didn't quite like the filter of. I found myself missing the KingKORG I sold even though it's not as capable an instrument. I really hope they do a new Virus. If they updated the filters and made the Virus Control a bigger interface (by keeping the mod matrix always visible on the bottom) it would be of major interest to me.
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Apart from having its own DSP does the Virus hardware these days offer anything that you can't have with plugins available? I had the TC Electronic Virus and was happy as could be but got a iMac and that became useless.

Looking at the Snow and T1. Seems to be a $300+ difference.
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This sub forum is experiencing a case of epidemic thread necromancy and I have no idea why...
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
still haven't heared anything better hardware or software than virus synths
Old 25th March 2016 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobaby ➑️
This sub forum is experiencing a case of epidemic thread necromancy and I have no idea why...
because do we really need another Virus thread when others like this already exist?
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by keano ➑️
Apart from having its own DSP does the Virus hardware these days offer anything that you can't have with plugins available? I had the TC Electronic Virus and was happy as could be but got a iMac and that became useless.

Looking at the Snow and T1. Seems to be a $300+ difference.
It's a different workflow and sound from software. To me the biggest difference between TI and software is that the TI is a pleasure to program on. My TI2 has saved my butt numerous times on various projects.

If you can swing it, I'd recommend TI2. With complex patches, I get dropped notes after six voices on the TI2. I can't imagine what that's like on TI1 or the Snow.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➑️
It's a different workflow and sound from software. To me the biggest difference between TI and software is that the TI is a pleasure to program on. My TI2 has saved my butt numerous times on various projects.

If you can swing it, I'd recommend TI2. With complex patches, I get dropped notes after six voices on the TI2. I can't imagine what that's like on TI1 or the Snow.
Good to know. I was over at the access virus forum and it seems like some people are really unhappy with the integration plugin usb not working for many ppl. That right there had me considering SW. Any of you had this problem on a Mac? Not syncing, latency, not showing.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobaby ➑️
Yeah, this thread is 11 months old. Wow!

OT: Still loving my Virus (Ti & B).
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by keano ➑️
Good to know. I was over at the access virus forum and it seems like some people are really unhappy with the integration plugin usb not working for many ppl. That right there had me considering SW. Any of you had this problem on a Mac? Not syncing, latency, not showing.
I don't know for sure if that's every been completely sorted out. I remember some time back, a few people said they got it working properly, but idunnolol. I'll use my Virus as a MIDI output interface and audio interface and send it MIDI via USB, but I didn't have much luck when I tried to use it as a plugin. I was futzing with it for some before I remembered that "oh yeah, the reason I bought hardware was so I could program from the front panel" and never looked back. I do recall some folks saying that the analog outputs sounded better than sending it over USB anyway. It's easier to work with via the machine itself imo. The menus aren't very deep or complicated at all, so any time you do have to go menu diving, it won't be as much of a heartache as something like the Andromeda or DX7. If you get one, I wouldn't think of it as an accessory to your computer or some plugin just to be on the safe side. Just treat the plugin functionality as if it didn't exist.
Old 3rd April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hoping someone can help me I have a Snow and downloaded some Mid patches. How do I load these using the Virus Controller in my DAW?

Thanks

BTW... I was an old Virus C user then got a TI back in the day. I tried Zebra and a few others and for me.... for me... they all sound similar except for Dune which I think is really good. Zebra and few others just don't make me creative like the Virus. Thats what it comes down too. Which make me more creative.
πŸ“ Reply