Emu Audity 2000 vs Proteus 2000 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Emu Audity 2000 vs Proteus 2000
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Emu Audity 2000 vs Proteus 2000

hey guys
does anyone know what the differences are between the emu audity 2000 and emu proteus 2000? is one redundant when youve got the other?
thanks
mini
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
To tell you the truth, I could not gel with the Audity 2000 when I had on in the past... Most if not all the preset are single tones with no layers, so everything is thin sounding... Plus everything is drowned out with reverb... The Proteus 2000 is an improvement on every scale, plus you can add the Audtity/Orbit/Planet Phatt samples with the X-Lead ROM and room for 2 more... Plenty of the samples were recycled into the Composer ROM, included in the Proteus, so at times it may sound similar... In other words, I would choose the P2K...
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
thanks jayteejr. i dont use presets, so the fact that single tones on the audity arent layered is irrelevant to me since i make my own sounds. do you know how many of the audity samples are in the composer ROM? id like to know what the proteus 2000 cant do that the audity 2000 can. or vice versa....
thanks!
mini
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
proteus 2k all the way

but honestly if you are doing proteus do the 2500
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hey mini, there is nothing the Audity can do that the Proteus 2K can't... About the similar samples: Some of the wave tones, leads, basses, vox, & drums were recycled... Yeah, crufty makes a very good suggestion about choosing the P2500 instead: More knobs/buttons per function, 24bit ADC, sequencer, etc...
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
hmmm. the proteus 2500 looks pretty cool.
the reason i asked this question is we got a bunch of emu modules in (proteus 2000, audity 2000, carnaval, orbit, planet phatt) and i was going to keep one of the 2000s. but after checking out the 2500 i guess i should go for a 2500 instead. what are the differences between the p2000 and p2500 then?
thanks
mini
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by minime123 ➑️
what are the differences between the p2000 and p2500 then?
thanks
mini
Okay, the P2500 have a different ROM name called Pop, but have the same sample set as the Composer found in the P2K... The Presets were reprogrammed to favor the bread and butter crowd... The other big differences as stated are: More knobs/buttons per function, 24bit ADC, & sequencer... If you are big on sequencing, the P2500 share the same OS as the desktop units: MP-7/XL-7/PX-7
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i dont reallly need the knobs cause i imagine id be using a computer editor to access all parameters, and i also would prefer having a 1 unit module over a bigger one. is there any reason id want to use the sequencer inside the p2500 over logic or ableton? im guessing its got built in arpeggios, gaters, and pattern sequencing for 1 finger keyboard activated sequencers, no?
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Gettin a command station or a 2500 is far better deal. They have more polyphony (128) and a super sequencer, plus more programmable knobs.

Command Stations and proteus 2500 are the same synth, difference is the pad keyboard.
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
If you're ITB with sequencing and not big on having more physical control, then those would be the major differences between the 2... You'll still have the programmable arps on the P2K...

Edit: Hey balma, the P2k have 128voices as well...
πŸ“ Reply