Quantcast
MIDI controller software for Access Virus? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MIDI controller software for Access Virus?
Old 4th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruvvamoff ➡️
It' not a Ti, it's a Classic. Boreg was just trying to help, I think he assumed I had a Ti.
It doesn't matter which model, Ctrlr works the same way with any synth.
Old 4th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreg ➡️
It doesn't matter which model, Ctrlr works the same way with any synth.
My point is, noone uses ctrlr for the Ti because the Ti has dedicated software via USB.
Old 5th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruvvamoff ➡️
My point is, noone uses ctrlr for the Ti because the Ti has dedicated software via USB.
I use the Virus Control plugin too, but the latency is huge (about 100ms on my system). Others have problems with arpeggiator sync etc. In fact, Virus Control software without the "total integration" aspect must be one of the most asked-for features on Virus user forums.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by itege ➡️
Changes are realtime.

Also, why wouldn't you just use the TI software to control the TI?
I have a Polar and am interested in this, why?. This way I can sidestep the whole TI thing altogether, have this control the Virus with straight Midi and record the analog outs of the Virus, which to me leave the sound of the USB thing in the dust.

Or is there another way I'm not seeing of using TI, and at the same time recording from the analog outs into my interface?.

The analog outs are where its at on the Virus, the sound is just mighty. USB is ok for programming, but capturing the Access Virus mojo, and its killer, means capturing those analog outs.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizer bunny ➡️
I have a Polar and am interested in this, why?. This way I can sidestep the whole TI thing altogether, have this control the Virus with straight Midi and record the analog outs of the Virus, which to me leave the sound of the USB thing in the dust.

Or is there another way I'm not seeing of using TI, and at the same time recording from the analog outs into my interface?.

The analog outs are where its at on the Virus, the sound is just mighty. USB is ok for programming, but capturing the Access Virus mojo, and its killer, means capturing those analog outs.
I agree, If I had a Ti I would use the analogue.
In fact for me the whole idea of buying hardware is to get an analogue sound.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
To be honest I've yet to convince myself that there is much of a difference between the USB and analogue outs on the Virus TI. The analogue outs are louder, but I'm not sure what other differences there are.

Both are extremely clean and noise free, and sound pretty much the same to me.

What "mojo" am I supposed to be hearing, other than extra volume?
Nev
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb ➡️
To be honest I've yet to convince myself that there is much of a difference between the USB and analogue outs on the Virus TI. The analogue outs are louder, but I'm not sure what other differences there are.

Both are extremely clean and noise free, and sound pretty much the same to me.

What "mojo" am I supposed to be hearing, other than extra volume?
Yup, I'd like to know more about this mythical "mojo".

I have a Virus ti2 desktop running into a RME UCX, and finally into a DAW (Cubase 6.5/Ableton).

The very FIRST thing I did when I got my Virus was plug its outputs and record. Then I went ahead and plugged in the USB and recorded. It was lower in volume, and that's about it. I have a pretty neutral listening environment so I doubt I am missing anything.

Now you want mojo? Plug your virus into a tube pre-amp, any of the overpriced models at your local music shop will do. Or just go ahead and pick up a rack Fatso & call it a day.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev ➡️
Now you want mojo? Plug your virus into a tube pre-amp, any of the overpriced models at your local music shop will do. Or just go ahead and pick up a rack Fatso & call it a day.
Virus, Art DPS, DBX242, DBX160, Boss MT-1
Old 6th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev ➡️
Yup, I'd like to know more about this mythical "mojo".
Mythical like a Unicorn?. Virus analog outs into the Orpheus preamps sounds big, crazy and epic. No bullsh*t.
📝 Reply