I fried my Electribe ESX! :( Help! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I fried my Electribe ESX! :( Help!
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I fried my Electribe ESX! :( Help!

I cant believe it!

I bought an Electribe ESX (the smart media version) like on year ago from the states (im european) and I have been enjoying the little machine to death.

What happened then? First I wasnt supposed to make beats today, but I was in my studio (a place I also use for studying) and I remembered some drums from a song and I thought "let's write this!". My electribe being from the states has to go to a power adapter then to power converter to change the voltage. So I put the adapter but forgot to plug the power converter and... I pluged it. Look at the screen... Mmmm... Letters are missing... Mmmm... somethings is wrong.. F*ck! I unpluged it and no more than 5 seconds had pass but I'm afraid I was too late.

I'm only left with the ER now. I feel im missing something. I have been saving to make a big update monitor and converters wise and I was not planning to look to another drum machine (probably the new mfb) till summer.

Two lessons learned here:

1) Do what you are supposed to do
2) Dont copy other people drums

Do you think is it possible to have the thing repaired? I'm really pissed off now
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizt ➡️
I cant believe it!

I bought an Electribe ESX (the smart media version) like on year ago from the states (im european) and I have been enjoying the little machine to death.

What happened then? First I wasnt supposed to make beats today, but I was in my studio (a place I also use for studying) and I remembered some drums from a song and I thought "let's write this!". My electribe being from the states has to go to a power adapter then to power converter to change the voltage. So I put the adapter but forgot to plug the power converter and... I pluged it. Look at the screen... Mmmm... Letters are missing... Mmmm... somethings is wrong.. F*ck! I unpluged it and no more than 5 seconds had pass but I'm afraid I was too late.

I'm only left with the ER now. I feel im missing something. I have been saving to make a big update monitor and converters wise and I was not planning to look to another drum machine (probably the new mfb) till summer.

Two lessons learned here:

1) Do what you are supposed to do
2) Dont copy other people drums

Do you think is it possible to have the thing repaired? I'm really pissed off now
Since it has an external power supply, I would guess that would be fried and not the actual ESX. Try to locate an other compatible power supply or take the ESX to a local music shop which could lend you a power supply for a few seconds to try it out.
I think your ESX itself should be fine.
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
If you get only an ambar screen, most probable is that you blew the fuse. Not a big deal, anyway that fuse is the most common problem on the Electribes. I replaced mine, following some instructions I found googling.
Replacing that fuse was a $10 maintenance service in my case.
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by balma ➡️
If you get only an ambar screen, most probable is that you blew the fuse. Not a big deal, anyway that fuse is the most common problem on the Electribes. I replaced mine, following some instructions I found googling.
Replacing that fuse was a $10 maintenance service in my case.
This is exactly what happens, only ambar screen. What do you by maintenance service? You bought the fuse and installed on your own or you took the machine to a tech?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizt ➡️
This is exactly what happens, only ambar screen. What do you by maintenance service? You bought the fuse and installed on your own or you took the machine to a tech?
Midimonster.de - Home of the midimonster

Any good tech can do that.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by balma ➡️
Midimonster.de - Home of the midimonster

Any good tech can do that.
Thanks. After doing a bit of research I suspect this is the problem I'm running into. I just blew the fuse.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
There are some protective factors inside the box, like fuses and shielding. Try a new adaptor and hope for the best. There is a possibility that you fried the unit though.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…