2000xl and ableton IN SYNC - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
2000xl and ableton IN SYNC
Old 21st January 2013
Deleted User #147857
Old 12th February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hey. That's pretty much my set up too. Ableton is master of MPC with the ASR-10 after.

In Ableton preferences, Midi/SYNC tab, click "sync" ON for the midi output of your choice.
On the XL, hit midi/sync button (shift+9) and on the SYNC IN side, set the Mode to Midi Clock. Also make sure your In:[1 or 2] at the top matches which midi input you're using (either 1 or 2).

That's all I need to do...

Other reminders...A blank sequence will not play so Record/PLAY for 1 second and it will create 2 default blank bars. Then Ableton and the Song section can both trigger the sequence.

The MPC will start when the Ableton cursor reaches its first bar line, not before. i.e. if you press play in ableton at m1beat3 the mpc will start at m2.

Making Ableton slave to MPC means using the Right side of the Midi/Sync menu on the XL. Then in Ableton you have to Enable Sync on a Midi input. Then in the upper left corner near the tempo hit the button "EXT".
📝 Reply