Quantcast
replacing SH101 broken bender - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
replacing SH101 broken bender
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
replacing SH101 broken bender

do somebody know how to take off the potentiometer that is inside the bender of the 101 ? i found a tiny little screw on the side but apparently that's not enough as the pot doesn't come off .
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lore ➡️
do somebody know how to take off the potentiometer that is inside the bender of the 101 ? i found a tiny little screw on the side but apparently that's not enough as the pot doesn't come off .
I roland repair tech can do it for sure.
Old 25th April 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
removing pot on SH101

You are definitely going to have to pull the little bender board out and remove the pot by solder it. Get a solder gun with a sharp point and also get a solder puller (looks like a ball point pen with a spring inside that allows you to remove heated solder by sucking it out). Insert the new pot and solder back into place. Just take your time and don't do anything crazy like melt the PCB board by applying too much solder heat to it. I actually work with a magnifiying glass that really helps me get a good visual on things before starting. Good luck.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…