Maschine MK1 Workarounds - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Maschine MK1 Workarounds
Old 15th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveswisher ➡️
This is Maschines' biggest weakness IMO. Maschine's great for creating loops and short segments but after I create all my scenes I want to record across the whole song and it can't be done (realistically) inside Maschine. It seems like they could add that capability at some point but for now it will not replace Logic or Ableton for me.
^^^This^^^

I love Maschine, but I've realized it's best to keep the song arranging to a minimum. Instead, I bang out lots of 2-, 4-, 8-bar ideas on it, then do more complex editing and arranging in the DAW. I've been treating it more as a straight up drum machine/VST sequencer, instead of a "mini-DAW"

I usually start a beat in Stand Alone, then re-open it in the DAW, once the beat is ready. From there, I set up each sound to a different audio output, and bounce the MIDI to separate channels (sent back to Maschine). This is the best workflow for me.
Old 15th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi PHi ➡️
^^^This^^^

I love Maschine, but I've realized it's best to keep the song arranging to a minimum. Instead, I bang out lots of 2-, 4-, 8-bar ideas on it, then do more complex editing and arranging in the DAW. I've been treating it more as a straight up drum machine/VST sequencer, instead of a "mini-DAW"

I usually start a beat in Stand Alone, then re-open it in the DAW, once the beat is ready. From there, I set up each sound to a different audio output, and bounce the MIDI to separate channels (sent back to Maschine). This is the best workflow for me.

I've done test templates and demo songs with this routing before, but it's so tedious.

Sometimes it's a hard pill to swallow that music isn't all fun and games.

But I guess I learned that starting out on Piano and realizing, holy hell, you actually have to practice stuff?
📝 Reply