Quantcast
anyone using Ctrlr on OSX to program their racks? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
anyone using Ctrlr on OSX to program their racks?
Old 19th January 2013
SEED78
anyone using Ctrlr on OSX to program their racks?

anyone using Ctrlr on OSX to program their racks synths?

looking for simple OSX Lion app for programming synths like D-550, TX802, JD990, ATC-1, Shruthi, TG77

midiquest sounds buggier than a hostel mattress, and all other editors are PC only

my only other option is to dig out a old win98 netbook+tascam midi interface and use that as a dedicated synth computer, but I don't even liek having 1 computer in my studio let alone a relic like that.
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
i have been thinking about it

also--been thinking about using an ipad

no movement yet :(
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I use it for my jx-8p, which might as well be a rack unit considering it's interface

works great as an au...im on a 64-bit mac, OS X 10.7.5

never worked with the standalone unit but it's probably good too.

back in may when i got it there were a few lag issues but by the next update it was fixed. and even then that was minimal.

huge fan of Ctrlr, i always recommend it when i get the chance
Old 20th January 2013
SEED78
soudns worth a shot at any rate, although they don't seem to have a template for D-550, which is largely what I want it for, that as maybe a TX802 at some point.
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
if i'm not mistaken i think there's manuals/tutorials on how to make custom interfaces. all you need to know is the midi setup of the synth

could be wrong though, but just a suggestion! might be a bit tedious to setup though
Old 20th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I use it on windows, basically the easiest thing to make templates for that I've ever used.
Old 5th May 2015
Is it possible to just use CTRLR to simply send patches to a synth via Sysex? And how would I go about that?

My idea is that I would like to save patches from my hardware and organize them inside of Maschine as channel-strips (called "Sounds" in Maschine lingo). This way I can find them with the Maschine software/controller by navigating through the library, e.g. Bass>Aggressive, Lead>Soft, etc.

Last edited by 142977; 5th May 2015 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 5th May 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm in the same boat and have also considered midi quest but was put off by the insane price and how buggy it was. I tried the demo and it was pretty bad. This is the latest version I'm talking about. I also own the D550 and TG77. I wish there were something more stable on the market. I'm sure the midi quest software could work well if the software was given to a few good programmers to debug and improve. It's a shame the way it stands. Looks like such a great program and then the more you learn about it the more you cringe and realize what a ripoff it is.
Old 10th May 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_apprentice ➡️
Is it possible to just use CTRLR to simply send patches to a synth via Sysex? And how would I go about that?

My idea is that I would like to save patches from my hardware and organize them inside of Maschine as channel-strips (called "Sounds" in Maschine lingo). This way I can find them with the Maschine software/controller by navigating through the library, e.g. Bass>Aggressive, Lead>Soft, etc.
Is there any CTRLR expert here that can give any insight into this?
Old 10th May 2015 | Show parent
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_apprentice ➡️

I never save my patches but ctrlr definitely allows sysex usage. My mks-7 uses sysex for most of its controls. I think it should be possible to save them though as like a preset for the vst.
Old 11th May 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by math_blaster ➡️
I never save my patches but ctrlr definitely allows sysex usage. My mks-7 uses sysex for most of its controls. I think it should be possible to save them though as like a preset for the vst.
Thanks, good to know!
I will experiment with this later this week and let you all know
Old 14th August 2017
Here for the gear

Ctrlr looks very interesting. I plan to use it with my Tx 802 and also to buy an Mks 7 where I would need a program like that.
Does anybody know how to install this on a Mac with Logic X?
On ther website i can only find .exe or .sh files

thanks
Old 14th August 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcNuman ➡️
Ctrlr looks very interesting. I plan to use it with my Tx 802 and also to buy an Mks 7 where I would need a program like that.
Does anybody know how to install this on a Mac with Logic X?
On ther website i can only find .exe or .sh files

thanks
When on the download page. Click on the down arrow beside "Date" at the top of the list. It will organize everything to the upload date with the dmg appearing below.
Old 14th August 2017 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Hop Mop ➡️
When on the download page. Click on the down arrow beside "Date" at the top of the list. It will organize everything to the upload date with the dmg appearing below.
Thank you Trip Hop Mop now I got it
📝 Reply