Quantcast
Specific Hardware Reverb Wanted - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Specific Hardware Reverb Wanted
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Intuitive interface really narrows the choices. Eventide 2016 might be out of your reach, but there is the Lexicon 200 which I love.
Old 28th April 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Bought an Alesis Midiverb II for 60 buck, really happy with it! Now I'm considering a pro stompbox for live sets and also studio use. Seems the Eventide Space is the way to go, but I'm not sure about is sound.

Maybe Strymon will relase a big reverb pedal soon?
Old 28th April 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I had the same question recently, and in the following weeks I tried several pedals and "vintage" rack gear.
Among the pedals, the Neunaber "wet" was the only usable unit, because of the ability to set the dry/wet values to >50%. The sound was a little to dense/thick for my taste though.

What somebody said about the LXP's I found to be true as well: while I like it on voices or guitars, it's too LoFi (in a bad sense) for most synth sounds. Doesn't gel at all. Neither did the Midiverb.

I happily ended up with a Boss RV-1000, which I haven't found a downside of yet. Huge reverbs if you like, totally 3D even in mono, plus HP and LP filters, independent wet/dry knobs, and a really weird reverse program. A little noisy but I don't care (I mean the synth that it is used for is a Casio MT-40 )

EDIT: I was looking for use-on-stage gear only, so the choice was narrowed down to a pedal or a 1U rack piece.
Old 28th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf ➡️
I had the same question recently, and in the following weeks I tried several pedals and "vintage" rack gear.
Among the pedals, the Neunaber "wet" was the only usable unit, because of the ability to set the dry/wet values to >50%. The sound was a little to dense/thick for my taste though.

What somebody said about the LXP's I found to be true as well: while I like it on voices or guitars, it's too LoFi (in a bad sense) for most synth sounds. Doesn't gel at all. Neither did the Midiverb.

I happily ended up with a Boss RV-1000, which I haven't found a downside of yet. Huge reverbs if you like, totally 3D even in mono, plus HP and LP filters, independent wet/dry knobs, and a really weird reverse program. A little noisy but I don't care (I mean the synth that it is used for is a Casio MT-40 )

EDIT: I was looking for use-on-stage gear only, so the choice was narrowed down to a pedal or a 1U rack piece.
Thanks for your opinion! I have a Boss RRV-10 I'm trying to send because to my is nice, but nothing special. I think is similar to the rv-1000 with less features and algorithms. The Midiverb II I bought recently is good for certain things, for 60 bucks is a no brainer

I was looking to a more tweakable and definitive reverb, for live yes, but also to use it as a send in the studio. I'm really fought :/
📝 Reply