The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Minibrute hidden sequencer ONLY available by software?
Old 19th December 2012

🎧 15 years
Minibrute hidden sequencer ONLY available by software?

I've been reading up and read old posts, but am curious if there's been an update or if I've overlooked anything...

As it stands, it looks like you can only use the Minibrute's sequencer if you activate it from the software editor.

(If so, kind of a bummer, somehwat defeating the point of just hardware)

Is this ture and/or is there newer info?

Thanks!

-a
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
well the way I use it...it's not really a "sequencer" per se

you have to use the usb to connect to the software editor, then make it so the "hold" function acts as a sequencer instead.

then you hold down the first note of the sequence as you play the rest of the notes in order.

it's kind of limiting because a) you can't play the hold note again during the sequence and b) you can't "skip" a spot in the sequence

but once you adjust it via software then you never have to use software again to access that...hold will always work that way from then on
Old 19th December 2012 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevism ➑️
well the way I use it...it's not really a "sequencer" per se

you have to use the usb to connect to the software editor, then make it so the "hold" function acts as a sequencer instead.

then you hold down the first note of the sequence as you play the rest of the notes in order.

it's kind of limiting because a) you can't play the hold note again during the sequence and b) you can't "skip" a spot in the sequence

but once you adjust it via software then you never have to use software again to access that...hold will always work that way from then on

Thanks. The way you put it, it's nothing an extremal sequencer wouldn't do as well or better (like an Analogue Solutions Europa or something).

I was just wondering if it was funky in an SH-101 sort o' way.

Thanks for the help! (Now I won't worry about it)

-a
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So it's basically a programmable arp?
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
basically, yeah. it's definitely fun to play around with and get some ideas building, but it's not going to replace a real sequencer.

but you really don't lose that much functionality by getting rid of hold...it's definitely the more fun option (in my opinion)
Old 19th December 2012

🎧 15 years
I just wish they could have implemented it without going into the editing software, I mean, the WHOLE point of the Minibrute is hands-on hardware.

(BTW- Just got mine, things sounds awesome! Such a great little synth!) )

-andrews
Old 19th December 2012
Deleted 0fc8128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo ➑️
I just wish they could have implemented it without going into the editing software, I mean, the WHOLE point of the Minibrute is hands-on hardware.

(BTW- Just got mine, things sounds awesome! Such a great little synth!) )

-andrews

You only change the settings once. Than you are golden. Not such a big deal!
Old 19th December 2012
VST
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Yup, I put mine into seq mode and never looked back. Now I can do the 'On the Run' sequence very easily
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's just an "as played" arp. That's it. Not a sequencer.
Old 20th December 2012 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard ➑️
It's just an "as played" arp. That's it. Not a sequencer.

Yep, I was just using the term Arturia was using in their manual.

In the end, it's just doing what a sequencer like a Europa already does better (unless I'm missing something, which I'd like to know if I am overlooking a cool aspect)

-a
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You're not missing anything. But Arturia is by not letting the Gate In clock the ARP. DAMN i hope they can find a way to make this happen!

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard ➑️
You're not missing anything. But Arturia is by not letting the Gate In clock the ARP. DAMN i hope they can find a way to make this happen!

Amen brother.
Old 20th December 2012

🎧 10 years
Does the sequencer allow you to play a pattern that is not simply ascending or descending? For example, the "On the Run" note sequence is kind of all over the place, but if I hold the first note and enter the rest of the pattern, it skips any descending notes, and instead just plays the previous note again. Is this because the knob is set to "Up", and if so, what does it need to be set to? I thought I tried all of the settings, but couldn't get it to work.
VST
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyzipgun ➑️
Does the sequencer allow you to play a pattern that is not simply ascending or descending? For example, the "On the Run" note sequence is kind of all over the place, but if I hold the first note and enter the rest of the pattern, it skips any descending notes, and instead just plays the previous note again. Is this because the knob is set to "Up", and if so, what does it need to be set to? I thought I tried all of the settings, but couldn't get it to work.
Did you enable the 'seq' mode in the software editor?

I have definitely played the 'On the Run' pattern so I know it's possible to do stuff like that.
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyzipgun ➑️

sounds like the it was never changed via the software...i would double check on that via usb.

what you're describing is the mode it's in by default. once you make the change, the "mode" knob is utterly useless while in "hold" mode
πŸ“ Reply