Quantcast
ROKIT 8's to VXT 8's or 6's? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ROKIT 8's to VXT 8's or 6's?
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
ROKIT 8's to VXT 8's or 6's?

Hey guys, just wondering what you think.. I 'm upgrading my rokits to either 6" or 8" VXT's, Im used to the rokit 8's so maybe I should go with the vxt 8's? I make dance music (dnb/electro/dubstep/etc) so maybe bigger is better?

Im also using ERGO! (KRKERGO.COM)

Thanks guys :D
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I never used the ROKIT's, but recently was in the market for some new monitors, and due to the advice from some friends I highly respect, went with the VXT 8's, and have no regrets at all, except for the fact they may be too big for my room! , I have done a lot of mixes on them, and they seem to translate well to the variety of listening environments I have checked them out on..... some have said they may be a little odd on the low end, (since you mention your genre specific tasks), but I usually use them in close near field matters, and I haven't encountered anything weird yet at all....
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hmm thanks for the reply
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I've got the VXT 4's and they sound very "honest" for want of a better description, but i deliberately put them near the wall to increase the bass response. So perhaps the 6's are the sweet spot. Unless you've got a big room, the 8's might give you an unrealistic view of the bass.
๐Ÿ“ Reply