Quantcast
Envelope attack speed equal to length of note? fl studio? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Envelope attack speed equal to length of note? fl studio?
Old 25th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Envelope attack speed equal to length of note? fl studio?

Ive been trying to find a way to basically make the attack on my filter open up equal to the length of the note, so a long note opens completely by the end of it, and a short note does the same, rather than a little muffled pfff
I use FL, tried some velocity mapping, didnt do it, searched last night, and today on this, but im beginning to become convinced my questions will remain unanswered, im 0 for 1, come on someone. show me how amazing you are!
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 5 years
Automate the attack based on the length of the note. What you asking for isn't possible the way you want it.
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
yeah you have to program it manually. there's no way for your filter to be able to predict how long your note-on will be, unless it's a psychic filter.

you could sort of pull it off by routing your amplitude envelope to your filter, if you can invert it. this way you could control your note length by automating the decay segment of the envelope, which would also open up your filter in an equal proportion to your note's decay.
Old 9th October 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
WOW well thank you folks, im glad i actually did get a response, i honestly, gave up in the down time, and atma, i am sure you realize even just writing what you said, that i was probably going to get slightly lost on that. so... hm. could you explain that a little more? or point me towards something that covers what youre talking about
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…