Quantcast
MophoKb or MiniBrute - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MophoKb or MiniBrute
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlshft ➡️
In a vacuum, Mopho KB wins every time for me; that said, it really depends on the rest of your setup. The MB is going to give you a much different sound based on it's filter and osc options, but you are going to be missing patch memory, many extensive modulation options, and better MIDI capabilities.

I would personally get the Tetra over the Mopho KB for it's powerhouse combination of polyphony, multitimbrality, and good editing capabilities via the editor. It's useless if you need hands on editing though, and even the tweaking options are pretty sparse without a midi controller. Reaaaaally hoping DSI delivers on something more like a Tetra KB version (or better) someday. The x4 Doesn't do it for me at all due to it missing some key features, but that's another thing worth considering.
I also wish that DSI would so something about POLY CHAIN, I love that every system is expandable, but I hate, HATE that I have to use an external mixer. I mean I guess there is a work around for this but it's not immediate.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNMusicman ➡️
I also wish that DSI would so something about POLY CHAIN, I love that every system is expandable, but I hate, HATE that I have to use an external mixer. I mean I guess there is a work around for this but it's not immediate.
Audio In on the Mopho/MophoKB are at least an option. I can't understand why they skipped it on the x4 though. I think the fact though that they have a poly chain option at all is pretty awesome, expansion options like that aren't especially common on any synth, let alone analog.
Lives for gear

As a Tetra owner adding the Mopho 4X will be an easy decision. It will require getting good at transferring patches from the Mopho to the Tetra but that's probably not much of an issue. The question is whether the Tetra editor can facilitate this but allowing one to dump the Mopho 4x patches into a few banks on the Librarian and thus facilitating the 8 voice Mopho.
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have both a Brute and a Mokeys/Tetra combination. I find I'm leaning towards the Minibrute as of late. This isn't to say that the Mopho is a slouch. I am thinking of selling the Mokeys/Tetra and putting that money towards a Therevox or a Doepfer Dark Time (or both). Take my opinion with a grain of salt though since I do have a Pro-One to play with if I get the urge....

Sent from my SGH-I727R
📝 Reply