V-Synth GT, Nord Wave, or Blofeld - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
V-Synth GT, Nord Wave, or Blofeld
Old 19th August 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro5 ➡️
well if you don't care about VC2 or D-50 and a colour screen? The keyboard is a lot more fun to use imo. I think it just sits right. Xt is great though - basically the same thing - prefer it to GT for sure.
If you don't care, doesn't mean that others don't care. heh
Old 19th August 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
yes but saying it's FTW just based on 2 additions that are not part of the actual sound engine?? no. And the extra controllers are worth way more than that for the "V-Synth" experience. seriously.

But by all means, if someone does prefer to pay twice as much for an XT for the included D-50/VC-2 that they may or may never use while also sacrificing an amazing keybed, extra controllers, 20 knobs, the entire 'defining' structure/semi modular instant access button/lights - all that thrown in 'for free' (for at least £200 - £300 less than the XT is typical) then more power to them

Sound wise I'd be happy with either but I just know I'd never program the rack half as much as I do the keyboard nor would it be anywhere near as hands on or fun for me, think it may actually take the shine off some of the things the V does best by shoehorning it into a rack, and stop me (and possibly, POSSIBLY others) from digging as deep as you need to/should do to get the best out of the V-Synth.

Just to be clear though, this is only in the context of the V keyboard vs the rack - the rack itself is a beautiful unit and I wouldn't mind one in ADDITION to my V to use even more stuff at once. And as far as racks go, if I could only have one rack mount synth in my rack it would be the V-Synth Xt no question! (Cos interface isn't the end of the world and it still has an amazing interface thanks to the touchscreen)
Old 20th August 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
V-Synth (non GT, although I have both) due to relatively low cost for used, plus D-50 card.
This is the best Roland synth after Jupiter 8
📝 Reply