Quantcast
XV,JV, Integra-7? (already have Fantom-G, TR-Rack) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
XV,JV, Integra-7? (already have Fantom-G, TR-Rack)
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
XV,JV, Integra-7? (already have Fantom-G, TR-Rack)

I use a lot of Software Instruments, (Nexus, Spectrasonics, NI, KORG Legacy Digital) as well as Hardware: Korg TR-Rack and Fantom-G.
I also have samples of Motif-XS, including Morif XS drum samples, which are quite usable.

I liked some of the sounds from JV/XV series especially from JV-80 (esp. Dance) expansion boards. And the ones used by Cheiron, Maratone, and Max Martin crew.

I was considering Intergra-7, but i already have Fantom-G ans integra-7 has some of the sounds form Fantom-g, so it would be redundant to have both the fantom-g and integra-7. So that's why I'm considering either JV or XV series module or keyboard, and to add either jv or srx boards or both.

also, can XV-3080 be used with Xv software editor, I downloaded the editr but can only see there are xv-5050, 5080 and 2020, but no 3080.?
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Unless you perform live with the Fantom-G, or use it's sampler and sequencer a lot, I'd sell it and get the new Integra-7. It offers everything the Fantom series had plus much improved acoustic sounds, a better VA engine, and it comes with all the SRX expansions on board.
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
...unless you're using sampling on the Fantom, in that case Integra pretty much sucks because it doesn't offer any sampling at all.
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil missFlag ➑️
Unless you perform live with the Fantom-G, or use it's sampler and sequencer a lot, I'd sell it and get the new Integra-7. It offers everything the Fantom series had plus much improved acoustic sounds, a better VA engine, and it comes with all the SRX expansions on board.
That's the thing i don't get. In a live situation, the integra-7 might be the best "rompler" out there with the broadest pallette of sounds. But in a home\studio context when you work with your DAW and have kontakt libraries etc with loads of GB of samples - is there a good reason to even consider something like the integra-7?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 ➑️
That's the thing i don't get. In a live situation, the integra-7 might be the best "rompler" out there with the broadest pallette of sounds. But in a home\studio context when you work with your DAW and have kontakt libraries etc with loads of GB of samples - is there a good reason to even consider something like the integra-7?
IMO - no. But some people like having rack units stuffed with thousands of presets and bread & butter sounds, process them through other hardware effects... plus, Roland romplers and effects do have a certain "sound" to them which some find appealing.
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
I have read Integra's manual, and they aren't mentioning ANYWHERE anything similar to Korg's Combis or Kurzweil's Setups, nor do they mention how many memory locations you have for whatever you can store. Which makes me think this thing is not for live use at all. Sure, there are "Studio Sets" which are something like Korg's "Multi", but it seems you can store only 59 of them (info gotten elsewhere) - and preset data is NOT overwriteable, which purely blows. What? Roland shooting their feet yet once again.
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well then who needs something like this in their studio? Can it make electric and acoustic basses as good as or better than trillian\scarbee mmbass? ep's and clavs better than scarbee? Pianos better than ivory? etc?
And i bet that VA stuff in there is miles behind anything else in "vst world"...
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
There ARE, in fact, (far, far) better virtual pianos than Ivory out there.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon ➑️
There ARE, in fact, (far, far) better virtual pianos than Ivory out there.
Perhaps. But the subject is that all of them are far better than anything you'll find in the integra-7 (not including the ukulele, of course. roland's take on that is top notch).
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
I'm pretty damn sure at least one of them is better than any piano sound in Integra. :P
Old 23rd September 2012
Deleted 60622ed
I love my JV and iits expansions...i own kontakt too and theres certain cards like keyboards of the 60s & 70s that just cut through the mix better than the software...i forget its age sometimes

Vintage synths is pretty excellent too...still
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I personally Find VSTis useful for one styles of music and hardware romplers for the othesr. that's all i'm gonna say.

Let's not get into Hardware vs. software thing, cuz the discussion will never end. We can start another thread for that, but please not in this thread. Thanks.

I mostly use fantom-g in the studio, almost never use it live.
I probably won't consider selling it for the fact that it is defective: missing 1/3 of the keys, and a broken screen (shipping damage perhaps, long story how it got into my hands), so I won't get any good price for it, but it works fine thru VST editor.
hm.. But maybe I might sell it, (might get very little $$ for it) if Integra-7 truly can replace fantom-g,
I really find the drums in fantom-g and bass extremely useable. Bass sits perfectly in the mix, better than Trillian or BrommStick in my case. And those roland's semi-live semi-fake drums, are so useful for ballads and slower type of music.
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
i've been trying to buy more srjv80 and srx cards but they're so scarce and/or expensive!
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I've got a SonicCell with World and Extreme Dance cards, and I kind of love it... but I bought it at a time when I thought I'd be gigging with a less than state of the art laptop. I couldn't really imagine buying one again for pure studio use... mine doesn't get much use these days.
Old 1st October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon ➑️
Sure, there are "Studio Sets" which are something like Korg's "Multi", but it seems you can store only 59 of them (info gotten elsewhere) - and preset data is NOT overwriteable, which purely blows. What? Roland shooting their feet yet once again.

My sentiments exactly.
πŸ“ Reply