Anyone own a Nektar Panorama? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone own a Nektar Panorama?
Old 30th January 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by housegezeichnet ➡️
Already installed it some time ago and while it worked in cubase 7 (which i was testing weeks ago) the issue remains in cubase 6.5...
OK please add this info to a support ticket in your Nektar account so we can investigate further. Since we released the update patch, no one has reported this issue.
Old 2nd March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm bumping all these relevant threads as I'm currently in the market.
Any new opinions?
Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Tim,

Any hopes of a 25 or 37 key Panorama in the distant future?
Old 16th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
sorry to bring this back but i have a quick question about the Nektar P1

would there be anyway to modify this controller to have automated faders for a cheap price?

I apologize if this counts as a stupid question..
Old 28th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Bump for impressions. I want some real world feedback as to how much this thing can take you away from the mouse. I have an Akai MPK49, and asides from the transport & pads, it's not the solution I need as the faders are rubbish and controlling of plugs on it is terrible.

Any Logic X users got one?
Old 28th April 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 ➡️
Bump for impressions. I want some real world feedback as to how much this thing can take you away from the mouse. I have an Akai MPK49, and asides from the transport & pads, it's not the solution I need as the faders are rubbish and controlling of plugs on it is terrible.

Any Logic X users got one?
I'd be interested to know as well, I am seriously eyeing one out.. there is no doubt that at SOME stage Logic X will be fully supported.. But I wonder when... It certainly looks like the greatest controller on the market, I'm interested in the P1..

Pretty cheap too.
Old 7th May 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I've been using my P6 now for a few weeks and am loving it. I've been able to set up controller playlists for 3rd party plugins (UAD Cambridge etc.). Ran into a problem the first time I tried .. but the nice folks at Nektar quickly set me up with perfect instructions.
I'm loving the faders and the function keys. The variuos pad functions are also very cool. I'm quite sure I've just scratched the surface.
I hope a full sized weighted keyboard version is in the stars.

Best from Berlin.W
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monobeat ➡️
I've been using my P6 now for a few weeks and am loving it. I've been able to set up controller playlists for 3rd party plugins (UAD Cambridge etc.). Ran into a problem the first time I tried .. but the nice folks at Nektar quickly set me up with perfect instructions.
I'm loving the faders and the function keys. The variuos pad functions are also very cool. I'm quite sure I've just scratched the surface.
I hope a full sized weighted keyboard version is in the stars.

Best from Berlin.W
The P6 looks awfully nice to me. I'm just waiting for my Novation Remote 61 to die and I'd look at that for sure. The thing is... I just can't get my Novation to die.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
In my experience, the Panorama (P6) is the best midi keyboard controller out there for Logic Pro X. That is, if you can put up with the bad keys.

No annoying plugin wrappers and other than the keys a joy to work with.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How can Nektar work with 3rd party plugins without a plugin wrapper in a daw, say Ableton?
Old 8th May 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Guy ➡️
How can Nektar work with 3rd party plugins without a plugin wrapper in a daw, say Ableton?
It can't with Live as it isn't supported. You just get basic MIDI CC if you use it with Live.
Old 8th May 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherushcomes ➡️
In my experience, the Panorama (P6) is the best midi keyboard controller out there for Logic Pro X. That is, if you can put up with the bad keys.

No annoying plugin wrappers and other than the keys a joy to work with.
Same with Cubase and Reason for the same reasons. I personally don't mind the keys though.
Old 24th May 2015
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
finally switched to cubase pro 8 due to heavy latencies with the p6 on cubase 6.5....now it's running smoothly as expected
Old 9th March 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I finally decided to take the plunge and replace my Novation Remote SL 61 with a Panorama P6. It should be here on Friday. Novation seems to be moving in the direction of dumbed-down controllers rather than making new higher-end Automap keyboards. I am also sick of every other smart controller requiring some kind of wrapper (or full-blown hosting plugin like VIP). If I'm going to start using VST Transit for collaboration, wrappers are just not going to work. I am also pretty excited about 14-bit NRPN on every knob and fader (although I wonder how much you can tweak that). I hope the Ableton integration gets deeper in the future, but I am mostly Cubase (sometimes with rewired Reason) in the studio. Has anyone found a way to dig in and write your own plugin maps like Nektar can make themselves or is it still just limited to learning parameters through the keyboard interface for unmapped plugins?
Old 9th March 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphonix ➡️
Has anyone found a way to dig in and write your own plugin maps like Nektar can make themselves or is it still just limited to learning parameters through the keyboard interface for unmapped plugins?
I just got a P6 this week as well. Check out this thread over at Reasontalk. They're compiling new mappings for reason REs as they become available. and theyre a good source of mapping info.

Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread - ReasonTalk.com
Old 9th March 2016 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by C//AZM ➡️
I just got a P6 this week as well. Check out this thread over at Reasontalk. They're compiling new mappings for reason REs as they become available. and theyre a good source of mapping info.

Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread - ReasonTalk.com
I was actually reading their KB article about writing your own maps for REs, but I was talking more about VST/VSTi plugins.
Old 9th March 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well the same info/instructions/troubleshooting applies I believe. and if you run across a cache of plugin/VST maps, let us know and i'll do the same. No sense in not combining efforts.
Old 11th March 2016 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by C//AZM ➡️
Well the same info/instructions/troubleshooting applies I believe. and if you run across a cache of plugin/VST maps, let us know and i'll do the same. No sense in not combining efforts.
Okay, so my P6 came in yesterday and I got it all setup and controlling Cubase. For the plugins that are mapped, it works like a dream. There are no wrappers, everything works like it said it should work except the sustain pedal isn't letting me map it like the Cubase instructions say it should (got a ticket into support on this) and the patch change buttons seem to only work on plugins with VST presets.

I opened up one of the plugin map files in notepad to see what could be done and it just looked like a long string of hex. I opened it in a hex editor and it was binary hex representing the ASCII text. I'm not sure what format this is, maybe a small SysEx dump that gets sent when the plugin is detected? I don't think we'll be making any proper user maps unless Nektar lets the tools loose.
Old 11th March 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Has anyone found an "official" Nektar forum?
Old 7th May 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
In the market too. Looking for info on user-programmable deep integration vs simple MIDI assignments.
Old 9th May 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've been "Mousing" for so long that I often forget there's a knob for whatever function i'm trying to fiddle with. It does take a while to get used to the knobs and buttons. I would often turn the wrong knob for a specific function. But after a break in period, I found myself flying through and tweaking parameters like a mad man.
Old 24th May 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Had a P1 for the last 2 months, nothing but problems and bugs i've identified and had confirmed by Nektar. Looking at getting a refund, great idea but poor and unstable software Nektar say they're too busy writing new software to fix the existing they all know has major issues, wtf
Old 4th March 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Banging bit of kit!
I'm running pro X 10.3.1 and the P4 works like a dream on my iMac 21 inch quad with sierra os. For me it works, I'm not a piano player, but it feels ok to me. The drum pads had to be used a little before they became responsive to my liking. The faders are good, so are the buttons. Gripes are...1. I wish the encoders/ knobs were more like Nord knobs (a little stiffer), its too easy to slip backwards when rotating forwards if you see what I mean....2. You can't program the macro keys anymore, but on a plus it doesn't need drivers now. Ain't had any major issues with it and would have no worries whatsoever ever recommending it to a friend. Certainly easier to get ideas flowing now without breaking to link things up.
Old 23rd April 2017
Here for the gear

I, like many, use Ableton as my DAW. I recently bought a used panorama p4 in incredible condition, knowing that it wouldn't fully integrate. Here's what I think:

1) The keys aren't the most amazing weighted midi keys I've ever felt, but the action to the midi notes is Incredible (and the reason I kept the keyboard). After playing for a few minutes, it is extremely easy to play dynamically and with variation in velocity {when listening to the feedback}. At first though the weighted keys felt strange. I think the black notes are definitely weighted heavier than the white notes, but like I said, the excellent response of the midi note in the computer makes up for this.

2) The integration into Ableton is way more limiting than I would have hoped. I downloaded all the software that Nektar offers, and I was only able to play the piano as a midi keyboard, not as a controller. The faders, pads, and wheels work, but the encoders are extremely confusing to map. The encoders will glitch out and play wrong mappings, or sometimes wont work at all. It is also extremely difficult to find the encoders in Ableton Software to map. The master powered fader does not work either. In addition, I am unable to access the mixer, instrument, and transport tabs on the screen, which completely hinders all capabilities to use the device as a workspace controller. Instead it is merely a nice midi piano, with limited encoder and mute functions.

Overall, I like the keyboard. It has greatly improved my music, especially my piano playing. I just wish Nektar would come out will an ableton Integration.
Old 23rd April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have a P4 and a P1

I too was somewhat disappointed in the keys for the p4 so I also bought a P1 and there IX49 key controller which I quite like the action of. Note the action of the IX isn't like a virus or novation SL but its better (for me) than the P4/6. my .02.

Incidently, i can't fault the navigation stuff. I'm developing an RE for Reason and I use these keyboards a lot and would recommend them. they are pretty awesome in terms of navigation, but I still use the mouse for some things (mostly in the sequencer tracks area).
Old 23rd April 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I had a P6,used it for about 2 years or so but sold it recently,Not because it wasn't good enough,It was the Keybed that really annoyed me,It was ok,but coming from a large user base of all sorts of synths I'm fussy about the type of keybed feel and the P6 for me is one of the most horrible keybeds I have ever used apart from Nektars own LX series,(which are worse than some cheap kids toy keyboard)I tried to live with it, but if it had a more luxurious synth action it would be the dogs nuts,they are not cheap controllors for what other alternatives there are,even the Novation Remote series have a far superior synth action the P4/P6 keybeds are clunky and cheap feeling.

In terms of controlling Reason,I can't fault the P series... they works flawlessly and integrate perfectly with little to no fuss,plus with using the macro editor you can program the buttons to your own needs and program keystrokes you use often so you can essentially use Reason with very little to no use of the Mouse or QWERTY Keyboard,something I really enjoyed as it really felt part of the system and not just a peripheral to Reason

As I already had the P1 as secondary desktop controller,I was using the P6 less and less and decided to use the Korg Kronos for the master keyboard as I love the action on this,the P1 has the same functionality as the P6 minus all the usual keyboard controls and Pads,I never really used the Motorised fader so thought I could sell the P6 and put the funds towards some other gear.

For Props Reason there really is no other better controller,than the Panarama P series I've used a handful of other midi controllors but none of them really clicked into place with Reason as easily without having to tailor it to your own needs and none of them really felt as though it was part of Reason rather than just a secondary hardware unit.

If they made a new Nektar P series with a far better keybed I would have no reservations of buying another in a heartbeat.

📝 Reply