Quantcast
Waldorf MicroQ issue. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf MicroQ issue.
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Waldorf MicroQ issue.

I think i'm having a problem with this.Always had it but never bothered to post a question regarding it.Whenever i'm adjusting a parameter the LCD is rapidly alternating between the values being changed & the current status/menu of the machine.In other words it won't rest on one information.As long as I turn a knob it will give me the arithmetic changes i'm causing but it won't let me see clearly because it also shows whatever state the synth is, in-between.Has anyone else encountered this?Is it something that comes with the OS or a malfunction?
Old 21st September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Mine doesn't do that. What you are describing sounds to me like a dodgey encoder, which happened to another one of my keyboards. In other words, one of the knobs you're not touching/turning is bugged out or dirty or something and continues sending controller data to the synth. Hence the screen keeps jumping back and forth between the parameter you're actually tweaking and the one that is tweaking itself cause it has a dodget encoder. You can confirm this is what's happening by feeding the midi out into your PC and running a midi monitor in your DAW, or a free one like MidiOX. You should see random CC messages coming into the computer even when you're not touching the MicroQ.

Anyways, that sounds to me like your problem. If it is software/firmware related well the answer is to go and get the latest firmware update. Fortunately when I got mine it already had the latest firmware in it so I've never looked into how to update it so I can't help you there.
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thank you Modularjack for answering!
I wanted to sell it as I need the money but i'll reconsider i guess.It's loaded with the last OS so nothing more I can do there.Will try to see if cleaning can take care of it.Cheerz!
Old 21st September 2012
Oli
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Are you sure it's not a setting to hold the display for some time after a control change? I seem to recall seeing that on my Q+ somewhere. Have you tried a reset?

You could also try asking on the Waldorf list. Some people there know the gear inside and out. It can be a little hit or miss though.
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli โžก๏ธ
Are you sure it's not a setting to hold the display for some time after a control change? I seem to recall seeing that on my Q+ somewhere. Have you tried a reset?

You could also try asking on the Waldorf list. Some people there know the gear inside and out. It can be a little hit or miss though.
I will Oli, thanx a lot!Perhaps there's still hope afterall...
๐Ÿ“ Reply