Faulty Jupiter 4 question. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Faulty Jupiter 4 question.
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Faulty Jupiter 4 question.

Hi everyone.
I what is the difference between the lfo bend and the lfo rate sliders? The reason i am asking is because I have a j4 with a non reacting lfo rate slider. I can change the lfo rate with the lfo bend slider if i flick the "narrow/wide" pot. So why do I even need the lfo rate pot? I checked and there is connection from the pot to the multiplexer. The pot itself works fine and varies in resistance when sliding it. I don't have a scope so I can't check to see if there is actual data being send after the multiplexer. I soldered in sockets where the multiplexers are located and switch their places and it's still the same problem. That leads me to believe that it might be a problem on the demultiplexers side. I also have a problem with the "manual" switch. If I push any of the preset buttons and the the manual button it is still on the preset. I have to turn the unit on while the manual button is down if I want toget into manual mode. I changed the battery and follow the retro sounds description on how to convert the j4 battery type. I have had a leaking battery problem which corroded some of the connections but I think I fixed them all. (practiced alot on 2 polysixes that had the same leak problem!)
Thanks!
Old 1st October 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
So - I am wondering also - what is the difference between the "LFO bend" and "Rate". They seem to do the same thing
Old 1st October 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
When you save a patch in one of the 8 memory slots the main LFO rate slider value is stored in the 'compu-memory' and can't be changed thereafter. The LFO Bend slider value isn't stored in memory, so you can use this slider to change the LFO rate of stored programs. It acts to increase or decrease the stored LFO rate. So if you store (or set in manual mode) a patch with a high main LFO rate, then whack up the Bend LFO rate it'll multiply the LFO speed up into audio range, or conversely take it down r e a l l y s l o o o w . Which is cool.
Old 2nd October 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yes! Thankyou!
📝 Reply