Quantcast
Novation KS4 Hypersynce and Yamaha dx7 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Novation KS4 Hypersynce and Yamaha dx7
Old 19th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Novation KS4 Hypersynce and Yamaha dx7

I've decided Im going to go with an older synth as my Midi device as well as main keyboard.

The music style Im going for is gong to be versitile but have alot of hip hop/jazz/funk influence with some trip hop and other random stuff in there. Producers that have atleast part of the sound im looking for are Iman Omari, XXYYXX, Low Leaf and Jay Dilla.

My budget is $400ish at first it was going to be lower but Im realizing its worth it to go all out and get something quality (thats not TOO expensive).

So far the two solid choices I have are the Novation KS4 and the Yamaha dx7 (older model). I know very little about synths as I am very new to the game so Im not quite positive these will be ideal synths for me to be looking at but if they are id like to know which one would suit my needs better and mabye take some reccomendations from you all if yall have any other suggestions.

The more versityle the better, I want my beats to include elctro sounds, gran piano sounds, guitar, violin, all that so versityle is a must!

Also, I need atleast 61 keys as I want to learn to play piano to some degree aswell.

thanks in advance!
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Neither. Get a Roland XP30 or something. Do the pure synth sounds in software - it is cheaper than having synth sounds in the keyboard and realistic ones on the computer.
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Because of the typo, I already thought Yamaha EX-7 would be fantastic. If you can afford 76-keys, the Yamaha EX-5 will be even better.
Old 20th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Thx for the suggestions. I've been very back and forth about this but I ended up going with the impulse 61
๐Ÿ“ Reply