Quantcast
WTF? Prophet 08 module too wide for rack?? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WTF? Prophet 08 module too wide for rack??
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee ➡️
i think there is a reason the prophet gets some hate besides the sound. is it because it was the first new analog poly? like, it hasn't paid it's dues, and a lot people who don't know much about vintage own it...so it's like the "newb" that the old heads don't like.

human nature is the damnedest thing, and i think there is more at work for the prophet 08 haters than the sound itself.
The only problem with it was that a lot of people wanted it to be the prophet 5 in a brand new, more affordable package, when it clearly was not. Someone did a great comparison matching it to the vintage matrix-12 sound though.

-D
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse ➡️
Reminds me why I never liked the P08. The patches seems to be mostly atonal noice stuff, lacking the reason to have an analog synth. It sounds like what One gets from the Pulse when making random patches. I guess we all have different references.
weird, did you listen to the entire 30 mins? there are loads and loads of melodic patches. i would say they comprise the majority of the 256.

but hey, if you don't like you don't like.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Digital ➡️
The only problem with it was that a lot of people wanted it to be the prophet 5 in a brand new, more affordable package, when it clearly was not. Someone did a great comparison matching it to the vintage matrix-12 sound though.

-D
Its an amazing synth with so many capabilities and a great sound for modern production. Its amazing how much bad presets can effect perceptions of things. Synth manufactures would be smart to put much more into the preset budget, bringing in past and present producers and sound designers who've actually released big tracks to design the sounds.

The P08 will most def be the envy of future generations once they become discontinued.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak260 ➡️
weird, did you listen to the entire 30 mins? there are loads and loads of melodic patches. i would say they comprise the majority of the 256.

but hey, if you don't like you don't like.

i will check it again for sure
📝 Reply