Quantcast
Record plug-in parameter values before rec. in logic - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Record plug-in parameter values before rec. in logic
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Record plug-in parameter values before rec. in logic

I remember reading a topic with this question, but I cannot find it. In this case, please excuse me and let me know the link.

I have U-He ACE on logic, and some parameters are controlled by some knobs in my midi controller. I record some things, including knobs movements. The problem cames when I stop recording, and I change some parameters. When I play back the recorded passage, the initial values of some parameters have changed, and I would like to start with the same values as when I recorded.

Is it possible? I'm afraid that is a very simple question but I cannot find the answer

Thank you in advance, and again, excuse me if this was already asked in this forum
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Make sure you select "touch" instead of "latch" (or is it the other way around?).As far as i remember this way you can leave a couple of bars untouched(with the initial positions recorded)& then go crazy with knob automation.

Or save the initial settings as a patch inside the synth & recall those settings.

Or perhaps start undoing through a history menu, if that is possible with the sequencer.

EDIT:The first option does mean of course that whatever changes you make, no matter what mode you choose you won't be able to force knobs into staying at another position as the movement will have been recorded.That first option will just provide you with the recording of the initial settings.

Haven't played with Logic for years & I'll admit I'm not a frequent automation user so if anyone can correct me please do so!!
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hi Kevin thank you for your answer

With the touch mode, I can indeed preserve the original values of the parameters that I automatize during the recording. But what happens with the values that I changed when I stopped recording just trying to adjust the synth parameters and that I didn't touch in the recording? This values remain with changes. The fast solution that comes to my mind is don't stop recording and the all the changes will come back to the pre"touch" mode. And when I have finished, delete all the "testing" section. But it's a little bit messy I think. Maybe there is a better solution.

DOing ctrl+z seems to be also a little mess. At the moment the preset seems the best of the options, but also not a perfect one.

Thank you!
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Presets can also serve in program changes automation.Say you wanna go back to the bass sound used on the first few bars.All you do is send a program change command & hey presto, it's there again.

See if you can manipulate things via the history menu.Logic was weak there during its PC days but I think it is perfect now...

Good luck!
๐Ÿ“ Reply