neon indian "polish girl" synth sound? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
neon indian "polish girl" synth sound?
Old 18th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
neon indian "polish girl" synth sound?

Neon Indian - Polish Girl - YouTube

love that breathy, clear and pure sound the melody has, and was just struggling to get anything remotely close using komplete 8 w/ protools. i know neon indian's a real analog fetishist and he probably synthesized this line on his beloved voyetra 8, but i was wondering if anyone might have any ideas how to mimic it using plugins or, if hardware, at least something that wouldn't cost thousands to track down.

thank you!
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If u watch them playing this song on Jimmy Fallon they have a MS 20 a SCI Six Trak and a SH101 on stage. I think the girl has a 2nd synth too but I can't watch it right now. Willing to bet one of those if they were playing the lines all live
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
If you're talking about the riff that plays 80% of the song that sounds a lot like an SH-101 with a high-passed verb/delay and a little noise.
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel ➡️
If u watch them playing this song on Jimmy Fallon they have a MS 20 a SCI Six Trak and a SH101 on stage. I think the girl has a 2nd synth too but I can't watch it right now. Willing to bet one of those if they were playing the lines all live
i've looked up live vids (including Fallon), and they always just loop that line live. =\

Quote:
If you're talking about the riff that plays 80% of the song that sounds a lot like an SH-101 with a high-passed verb/delay and a little noise.
swell, thanks Clay!
📝 Reply