Quantcast
Is there a plugin like the Dimension Expander in Massive? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is there a plugin like the Dimension Expander in Massive?
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Is there a plugin like the Dimension Expander in Massive?

I know about stereo widening but havent found a plugin that compares to what the dim expander does in massive on the goniometer. It creates a really, really wide image. I use waves s1, spl vitalizer MK2 and sometimes metaflanger but havent found a plugin that really matchs the dim expander. Does anyone know of a plugin? or maybe im asking the wrong question... thanks
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
matthew lane's DrMs is unmatched for stereo field manipulation, and the brainworx stuff is good—they actually just released a stereo widener for mono sounds, which seems interesting and might be what you're after if you're trying to widen synths that don't have any inherent stereo spread to them.
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyslayer ➡️
I know about stereo widening but havent found a plugin that compares to what the dim expander does in massive on the goniometer. It creates a really, really wide image. I use waves s1, spl vitalizer MK2 and sometimes metaflanger but havent found a plugin that really matchs the dim expander. Does anyone know of a plugin? or maybe im asking the wrong question... thanks
The world renowned Steve Duda took the actual Dimension Expander in Massive, wrapped it up as its own AU/VST, and lets people download it for free on his website.

You can find it here: FREE PLUGINS!

If you're looking for more general stereo imaging advice/plugins, you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
^^^ That was such a good reply. :|

The first things I think of are

Freeware: Voxengo Stereo Touch

Payware: iZotope Ozone imager
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Steve Duda does some amazing work. And offering those plugins for free is a class act. Kudo's to him absolutely.
Old 20th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Thank you for bringing this up! It is one of my favorite effects in Massive and i've been wanting it to use with some of my Sylenth sounds.

Big +1 to Steve Duda
📝 Reply