Quantcast
midi sync and/or audio issues - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
midi sync and/or audio issues
Old 17th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
midi sync and/or audio issues

Hi! i have a few questions for this thread. All of which are related to my current live setup. first i will give you some back ground.
I use a tascam Dp01 digital recorder live for backing tracks ie, bass and synth overdubs, i play bass live and slave a korg er1 to the midi output of the dp01. the digital recorder give the prerecorded audio a blown out boombox type sound which i love.
BUT!!! I recently bought an elektron machine drum( to replace the er1). the MD works great with the dp01 in pattern mode, however the MD has a default setting in song mode that resets its tempo clock to internal when it is not receiving midi clock, so it will miss patterns and fall out of sync with the prerecorded audio on my dp01 when i restart/change songs! I would just use my mac for live audio if it didnt sound so "thin and clean".
So here are my questions
1. can anyone suggest a 8 track digital recorder that is of a compact size that has usb 2.0, and at least a 20 gig hd with a midi in that accepts clock messages. (it would allow my MD to be the master midi clock)
2. any suggestions as far as making digital audio from a laptop sound "live" and warm
i know many of you will think the second question sounds odd, in my experience hardware just has a more rich texture and digital audio so clean and thin.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…