Quantcast
KeyStudio 49 USB MIDI out - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KeyStudio 49 USB MIDI out
Old 17th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
KeyStudio 49 USB MIDI out

Hey so I'm running Mac OS 10.6.8, if that matters. I have a 49 key Avid KeyStudio and I'm running into a problem. I'm connecting it through USB and it powers up, but I can't get it make any sounds in either Logic or Pro Tools. I looked at the "Audio MIDI Setup" program and I think i figured out whats wrong, I just don't know how to fix it.

It recognizes my device, and it shows up as a MIDI device, but instead of having 2 arrows representing "in" and "out," theres only one arrow pointing up. So i clicked for more info and sure enough, there is a section that says "Connectors for KeyStudio" and it says MIDI In: 1, MIDI Out: 0. How do i fix this? I tried looking for drivers, but this a self claimed driverless keyboard so there are none to download for the Mac as far as I can tell.

I've tried plugging it in both my MacBook and my iMac and the same problem occurs. I know other keyboards work because I borrowed my friends Oxygen 49 and it did indeed "plug and play."

HELP!!
Old 17th September 2012

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hi, you have to tell your software what midi port the note information comes in and then tell your softsynths what midi channel and port to listen to.
Look in the environment in Logic (use a monitor object see picture below) and I'm sure there's some info in the Protools menu how to adjust midi ports, channels etc.
Read the Manual (RTFM heh)
Attached Thumbnails
KeyStudio 49 USB MIDI out-screen-shot-2012-09-17-15.31.04pm.jpg  
📝 Reply