Quantcast
ARP Oddessy II - Value - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ARP Oddessy II - Value
Old 16th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
ARP Oddessy II - Value

Hi, do you guys have any idea on the value of an an Oddessey II if it were refurbished, cleaned, etc. I made a roadside find on a front lawn, out with the trash, in CT. It was wrapped in plastic. It works fine, its in good shape, but is dusty and musty and hasn't been touched in ages. I talked to a guy in Essex CT who said he can redo it real nice for me for about $300. There wouldn't be a warranty but I think he does beautiful work and really cares. SO, what can I expect to get for this in mint condition? He told me $600 as is, $1500 after he works on it, but others say a lot more than $1500? I saw an Oddessy I that needed work go for $1500 on Ebay a week ago(actual selling price). What do you think? And I am a newbie so be kind.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I'd refurbish it and keep it. I'd love to have a vintage 70's synth like an Odyssey.
Old 16th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Yeah, I can't keep it. I'm not a musician and I'm trying to raise funds. I've got to move out of my place and buy some gear for my line of work.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years

I think this is a sign. You must take up music now. You don't want to upset the almighty do you?
Old 16th September 2012

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
You can do an Advanced Search on eBay for completed listings, meaning auctions that have finished. Odysseys in very good condition are generally selling for anywhere from $1,500 - $2,200.

I see one that sold recently for $2,901. This one is in mint condition with the Moog filter:

Arp Odyssey MKII 2810 Synthesizer, 4035 "Moog" Filter | eBay

Here's one in "excellent" condition that sold for $2,299:

ARP Odyssey MKII 2813 Vintage Analog Synthesizer - EXCELLENT!!! | eBay

You may need to have an eBay account and be logged in to see these completed auctions, I don't know.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You can't go by the prices on eBay. Sellers have friends bid on their items in order artificially inflate the "selling price". The items then appear to sell for much higher prices than they actually do (if they have actually sold at all).

I'd say that $1,500-$2,000 USD would be a fairly decent market price for an MK II in mint condition. Sorry to hear that you have to sell it - what a find! I think I paid about $500 for mine (late 90's) and could not part with it at any price. It's really a fun mono/duo synth that sounds really "meaty" to me, with interesting routing options.

Good luck to you!

-T
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm selling mine on CL, an MK2 2813, that was recently service by jeff blenkinship, for $1800 which I think is a great deal but I havent had any potential buyers thus far...
Old 11th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ebay prices really throw me off, but in the end, everything is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it. I paid around 1,500 for a fairly beat MK I around a year ago, restored it and rarely turn it on. I still need to instal to CV sockets, It will perhaps see more use at at that point. The square wave on the thing sounds awesome but the saw is meh.
Old 11th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I sold it

Someone on this forum messaged me that they would pay $1000 cash, as is, for it. So I met up with them and did it. Since it was a trash find, I think I did pretty well.
πŸ“ Reply